• Two Pitt redshirt freshmen — linebacker Jason Frimpong of Irving, Texas, and defensive back Roderick Ryles of Orlando, Fla. — have left the team and been given permission to transfer. Neither played this season, but Frimpong was competing for a starting job at outside linebacker in training camp. Both players were part of the former coach Todd Graham's 2011 recruiting class. Eight players from that 21-man class have left the team or been dismissed.
• Quarterback Tino Sunseri was named Big East Offensive Player of the Week for the second time this season and third of his career after throwing for 227 yards and two touchdowns against Rutgers. Sunseri has made 37 consecutive starts, the longest streak at Pitt since Alex Van Pelt set a school record with 46 from 1989-1992.
• Sunseri also holds the longest active streak in the nation of consecutive throws without an interception (245). He hasn't thrown one since the fourth quarter of the Virginia Tech game Sept. 15. “He understands the importance of taking care of the football,” coach Paul Chryst said. “That comes with experience. It comes from being burned on it. He has grown up with it.”
• Sunseri ranks second in the Big East and 20th nationally in pass efficiency with a rating of 154.56.
• Defensive tackle Aaron Donald was named to the Big East honor roll with seven tackles, three for a loss, and a sack against Rutgers.
• Wide receiver Devin Street, who went to the hospital with injured ribs Saturday, is “feeling better,” Chryst said. “He did a little bit (Sunday). (Tuesday) we will know more. Hopefully, he will be ready to go (Saturday at South Florida).”
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.