Pitt receives verbal commitment from Fla. defensive back
Orlando, Fla., cornerback James Julius has given Pitt a verbal pledge that he will enroll next year, giving the Panthers 21 non-binding commitments among the Class of 2013.
Julius, 5-foot-10, 170 pounds, is rated a two-star prospect by rivals.com, and is Pitt's first 2013 recruit from Florida.
He plans to visit the Pitt campus Jan. 11 with his Evans High School teammate Dominic Walker, a three-star wide receiver.
Julius is the second defensive back in Pitt's class, joining Titus Howard of Clairton. He also has offers from Iowa State, Cincinnati and Boise State.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Pitt sophomore Coles leaves football team
- Pitt, Penn State face competition for ticket sales
- Pitt notebook: No surprises as Panthers settle on starting O-line
- Pitt notebook: Chryst ready to ‘tighten things down’ for season
- Pitt trying to keep star playmaker Boyd fresh for the season opener
- Ex-Pitt basketball star Patterson signs overseas
- Pitt notebook: Render proving to be Donald-esque on defense
- Time to shine for experienced Pitt offensive line
- Waiting to be named starter, Pitt QB Voytik keeps working hard
- Pitt assistant strength coach’s battle with cancer inspires players
- Pitt has no shortage of talented running backs heading into season