Pitt receives verbal commitment from Fla. defensive back
Orlando, Fla., cornerback James Julius has given Pitt a verbal pledge that he will enroll next year, giving the Panthers 21 non-binding commitments among the Class of 2013.
Julius, 5-foot-10, 170 pounds, is rated a two-star prospect by rivals.com, and is Pitt's first 2013 recruit from Florida.
He plans to visit the Pitt campus Jan. 11 with his Evans High School teammate Dominic Walker, a three-star wide receiver.
Julius is the second defensive back in Pitt's class, joining Titus Howard of Clairton. He also has offers from Iowa State, Cincinnati and Boise State.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pitt, Penn State face competition for ticket sales
- Pitt notebook: No surprises as Panthers settle on starting O-line
- Pitt notebook: Chryst ready to ‘tighten things down’ for season
- Pitt trying to keep star playmaker Boyd fresh for the season opener
- Pitt notebook: Render proving to be Donald-esque on defense
- Pitt assistant strength coach’s battle with cancer inspires players
- Ex-Pitt basketball star Patterson signs overseas
- Pitt has no shortage of talented running backs heading into season
- Waiting to be named starter, Pitt QB Voytik keeps working hard
- Pitt freshman running backs making steady progress
- Pitt wideouts look to get separation in battle for 3rd pass-catcher spot