Pitt’s Adams injures ankle
By Kevin Gorman
Published: Saturday, March 2, 2013, 10:24 p.m.
Updated: Saturday, March 2, 2013
Pitt center Steven Adams injured his left ankle in practice Saturday morning and is questionable for the No. 23 Panthers' regular-season home finale against Villanova on Sunday, a university spokesman confirmed.
Adams, a 7-foot freshman from New Zealand, left practice on crutches and will be a game-time decision for the noon game. He is averaging 7.0 points and 6.2 rebounds a game this season.
If Adams can't play, senior Dante Taylor likely will start in his place.
- Pitt awaits NCAA Tournament fate after loss to Notre Dame in Big East baseball
- Pitt stays alive in Big East baseball tournament with 12-inning win over Seton Hall
- Pitt wins Big East Tournament opener, faces Notre Dame on Thursday
- ACC-bound Pitt finds itself without natural football rivals
- Pitt basketball team to play in Legends Classic
- Pitt baseball loses, has tough road to Big East final
- Pitt baseball team has a lot at stake
- Pitt’s McConnell-Serio adds sister to coaching staff
- Pitt coach Chryst holds players to high standards on, off field
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.