Ex-Pitt RB Shell scheduled to visit UCLA
Running back Rushel Shell, who is transferring from Pitt, will visit UCLA on Friday, a source close to Shell told the Tribune-Review.
Shell requested clearance from Pitt last week to transfer to UCLA, California, Arizona or Arizona State. Pitt cleared him to transfer to UCLA and California but blocked him from Arizona and Arizona State.
Shell, who gained 641 yards as a freshman, was No. 1 on the Pitt depth chart through the first six practice sessions this spring, but he pulled himself from drills March 22 with a leg injury and never returned.
The Los Angeles Times reported Thursday that Shell is scheduled to visit the UCLA campus.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- No. 15 San Diego State hammers Pitt, 74-57
- Senior running back Bennett quietly filled role during Pitt career
- Pitt football notebook: Athletic department seeking fans’ input
- Pitt center Randall rebounds from injury
- Pitt prepares for speedy Miami with bowl eligibility on the line
- On senior day, Pitt not giving up the fight
- For Pitt men’s basketball team, trouble in paradise
- Pitt football notebook: Panthers’ depth at RB, offensive line shows against Syracuse
- Inching closer to return, Pitt’s Wright could boost defense
- Pitt notebook: Chryst keeps Panthers motivated amid adversity
- Young scores 27 points in Pitt’s win over Division II Chaminade