Pitt basketball team to play in Legends Classic
The Pitt men's basketball team will play in the 2013 Legends Classic in November, hosting two games at Petersen Events Center and playing two at Barclays Center in New York.
The Panthers will play two of three opponents — Houston, Stanford and Texas Tech — at Barclays Center in games that will be nationally televised Nov. 25-26 on ESPN, ESPN2 or ESPNU. The regional games at Petersen Events Center will be played between Nov. 17-21.
This marks Pitt's second appearance in the Legends Classic, part of a continuing effort by Pitt coach Jamie Dixon to play regularly in New York City. The Panthers won the 2008 title, beating Texas Tech and Washington State, in Newark, N.J.
Pitt announced earlier that the Panthers will host Penn State as part of the 2013 Big Ten/ACC Basketball Challenge on Tuesday, Dec. 3, at the Pete.
Pitt's 2013-14 ACC opponents were announced last month. The Panthers will play home-and-home games against four schools: Clemson, Maryland, North Carolina State and Syracuse.
Pitt's entire 2013-14 schedule will be released at a later date. The Panthers will return three starters from a 24-9 team that advanced to the NCAA Tournament for the 11th time in the past 12 seasons.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pitt’s Amara offers Vision of hope
- Pitt notebook: Defense shows up in scrimmage
- Pitt baseball enjoying rise in expectations
- Howland: Pederson deserves more credit at Pitt
- Pitt adds quarterback recruit from Cincinnati
- Narduzzi set to begin more critical evaluations during Pitt football spring drills
- Pitt heavily vested in linebackers’ progress
- Firm compiling list of candidates for Pitt AD position
- Pitt women’s basketball team excited for future