Pitt's McConnell-Serio adds sister to coaching staff
Pitt women's basketball coach Suzie McConnell-Serio has hired her sister, Kathy McConnell-Miller, as the team's associate head coach.
McConnell-Miller, who was Pitt's recruiting coordinator under former coach Kirk Bruce in the 1990s, has head coaching experience at Colorado (2005-2010) and Tulsa (1999-2004) and has been an assistant at Rutgers and Illinois. She comes to Pitt from the WNBA's Tulsa Shock where she was an assistant in charge of scouting and player development.
McConnell-Miller and her sister helped lead Seton-La Salle High School to a PIAA championship in 1984.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Panthers drop heartbreaker in overtime to Virginia Tech
- Pitt adds Texas wide receiver as 16th commitment to Class of 2015
- Pine-Richland’s DiNucci to Pitt; Kittanning’s Bowers opts for PSU
- Gorman: Not just a no-brainer for Pine-Richland’s DiNucci
- Tough times are in past for Pitt senior guard Kiesel
- Pitt expecting to see zone defense on the road against Virginia Tech
- Pitt coach Narduzzi adds N.J. linebacker recruit
- Pitt, Louisville square off after unusually long layoffs
- Junior-college DE interested in signing with Pitt
- Pitt notebook: Pitino: This year’s Pitt team not as talented as past years
- In recruiting, Pitt, Penn State make ‘social’ commentary