Pitt lands commitment from 3-star safety
Pitt received its second commitment from the Class of 2014 on Friday when safety Jalen Williams of Newburgh (N.Y.) Free Academy told coaches he plans to enroll next year.
Williams, 6-foot-2, 180 pounds, is rated as a three-star prospect by Rivals.com.
He also had offers from Old Dominion, Syracuse, Temple, Buffalo and Massachusetts.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Pitt receiver Boyd continues to grow on and off the field
- Pitt plays best game of the season in rout of Kansas State
- Miami coach Golden shrugs off recent losses as Pitt visits
- Pitt coach Dixon says finding right balance for schedule no easy task
- Murrysville native Hickey carves out fine career on O-line with Syracuse
- Pitt’s Dixon searching for answers in Maui
- Penn State wrestling gets best of Pitt again
- Pitt notebook: Chryst keeps Panthers motivated amid adversity
- Pitt women set tone early in 85-64 rout of Michigan
- Inching closer to return, Pitt’s Wright could boost defense
- Pitt football notebook: Athletic department seeking fans’ input