Pitt lands commitment from 3-star safety
Pitt received its second commitment from the Class of 2014 on Friday when safety Jalen Williams of Newburgh (N.Y.) Free Academy told coaches he plans to enroll next year.
Williams, 6-foot-2, 180 pounds, is rated as a three-star prospect by Rivals.com.
He also had offers from Old Dominion, Syracuse, Temple, Buffalo and Massachusetts.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Pitt’s ACC men’s basketball schedule announced
- Greensburg Central influence follows Delaware quarterback
- Johnson primed for second season at Pitt
- Panthers ramp up respect quotient for Delaware
- Pitt notebook: Freshmen figure to play integral role again
- Pitt’s Conner to play as pass rusher on 3rd downs when not at running back
- Pitt sophomore Coles leaves football team
- Demise of BCS, implementation of playoff system means bigger paydays for power 5 conferences
- Pitt football team rallies around its youth
- Pitt, Penn State face competition for ticket sales
- Pitt notebook: No surprises as Panthers settle on starting O-line