Pitt's Robinson a finalist for USA Basketball Under-19 team
Pitt point guard James Robinson is one of 16 finalists for the USA Basketball team that will compete in the FIBA Under-19 world championships this summer.
Robinson, a sophomore from Mitchellville, Md., made the first cut from 26 players who participated in four training sessions. The squad will be trimmed to 12 players before June 19, when it will train three days at the Washington Wizards practice facility.
The world championships will be played June 24 to July 6 in Prague, Czech Republic.
Robinson was a member of the USA Basketball Under-18 team that went 5-0 last summer in qualifying for the world championships.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Time is of essence for Pitt in finding football coach, athletic director
- Analysis: Misunderstood Chryst served Pitt well
- Assistant at Duke eyes Pitt football job
- Pitt coordinator Rudolph is considered hot coaching commodity
- Pederson’s 2nd tenure as Pitt AD comes to abrupt end
- Chryst returns home, named football coach at Wisconsin
- Starkey: Pederson had to go at Pitt
- Many Pitt fans endorse move to oust Pederson as athletic director
- Pitt uses 2 2nd-half flurries to hold off Manhattan, 65-56
- If Chryst leaves Pitt, list of potential replacements is varied
- Pitt recruit: Chryst seeking changes, could stay