Ohio defensive end verbally commits to Pitt
Defensive end Shane Roy of Reading (Ohio) Community High School made a verbal commitment to Pitt on Friday.
Roy, 6-foot-5, 220 pounds, is a three-star prospect, according to Rivals.com. He had offers from 11 other schools, including Boston College, Bowling Green, Illinois, Kent State, Miami (Ohio) and Toledo.
He is the 11th member of the Class of 2014 to commit to the Panthers.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Pitt coach Narduzzi adds N.J. linebacker recruit
- Pitt notebook: Pitino: This year’s Pitt team not as talented as past years
- Pitt suffers loss at home in first ACC meeting against Louisville
- Junior-college DE interested in signing with Pitt
- Tough times are in past for Pitt senior guard Kiesel
- Juco center Nix looks to fill void at Pitt
- Pitt, Louisville square off after unusually long layoffs
- Pitt women’s basketball team upends Boston College
- Pitt point guard recruit trying to bolster 2015 class
- Pitt football receives verbal commitments from Coatesville safety, Florida defensive end
- In recruiting, Pitt, Penn State make ‘social’ commentary