Linebacker Mason won't return to Pitt
Linebacker Dan Mason, who recovered from a serious knee injury to play in five games for Pitt last season, is no longer with the team. Mason, who had one year of eligibility remaining, did not practice in the spring while dealing with off-the-field issues.
Mason, a Penn Hills High School graduate, missed most of two seasons after suffering nerve and ligament damage and a dislocated kneecap against Miami on Sept. 23, 2010.
Also, former Pitt offensive lineman Arthur Doakes, who was suspended for the BBVA Compass Bowl last season but participated in spring drills, has transferred to Stony Brook (N.Y.) University.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pitt women end regular season with win over Clemson
- Pitt’s NCAA Tournament hopes take a hit with loss to Wake Forest
- At Pitt, a chance to make early impression under Narduzzi
- Improved play against zone keys Pitt’s turnaround
- Against Wake Forest, Pitt looks to reverse fortunes on road
- Pitt’s weakness ‘pretty obvious’ to all
- Pitt takes care of business in a victory over Boston College
- Pitt basketball team ready for ACC stretch run
- Pitt’s Young leaves impression with inside game
- Notre Dame women shoot lights out in victory over Pitt
- Ex-Pitt star Knight interested in university’s athletic director job