Pitt to hold Morning Madness basketball event
As part of its Super Saturday of homecoming events Sept. 28, Pitt will host a Morning Madness basketball event at Stage AE prior to the Panthers' football game against Virginia at Heinz Field.
Morning Madness will feature player introductions, skits and a slam-dunk contest. Admission is free and open to the public. Doors open at 9:30 a.m, and the event begins at 10:30 a.m.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Young leads Pitt’s new-look lineup past IUP in exhibition opener
- Coastal Division lead within reach for Panthers
- Former Pitt player praises latest recruit
- Pitt offensive line continues to make positive strides
- Young Pitt secondary has no fear; will be tested against Duke
- Clairton grad Gombar recalls Duke-Pitt games from mid-70s
- Pitt, IUP to experiment with 30-second shot clock
- Pitt notebook: Panthers not giving up on ACC Coastal Division
- Pitt basketball team lands 7-foot center
- Ex-Pitt coach Majors still making his rounds in college football circles
- Pitt, Chryst pondering next move as stellar Duke defense awaits