Pitt to hold Morning Madness basketball event
As part of its Super Saturday of homecoming events Sept. 28, Pitt will host a Morning Madness basketball event at Stage AE prior to the Panthers' football game against Virginia at Heinz Field.
Morning Madness will feature player introductions, skits and a slam-dunk contest. Admission is free and open to the public. Doors open at 9:30 a.m, and the event begins at 10:30 a.m.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- ND’s Grant an example for Pitt’s Johnson
- Pitt’s Artis showing knack for picking up scoring slack
- Pitt adds Texas wide receiver as 16th commitment to Class of 2015
- Pine-Richland’s DiNucci to Pitt; Kittanning’s Bowers opts for PSU
- Former WPIAL diving champ finds success at Pitt
- Slumping Pitt keeps chin up
- Pitt expecting to see zone defense on the road against Virginia Tech
- Pitt’s 2015 schedule includes 5 road games in 1st 7 games
- Juco center Nix looks to fill void at Pitt
- Gorman: Not just a no-brainer for Pine-Richland’s DiNucci
- Tough times are in past for Pitt senior guard Kiesel