Hampton's Ryan Luther picks Pitt
Pitt has received a verbal commitment from Hampton forward Ryan Luther, giving the Panthers their second recruit with WPIAL ties for the Class of 2014.
The 6-foot-8, 210-pound Luther joins a recruiting class that also includes former Beaver Falls star Sheldon Jeter, a 6-8 forward who is spending a year at Polk State College in Florida after transferring from Vanderbilt after his freshman season.
Luther averaged 21 points a game last season to lead Hampton to the WPIAL Class AAAA final after taking the Talbots to the Class AAA final as a sophomore. He chose Pitt over Dayton, Duquesne and George Washington. The latter two schools also are offered scholarships to his twin brother, Colin, a 6-6 guard.
Pitt received a commitment this past spring from another WPIAL star in Lincoln Park sophomore shooting guard Maverick Rowan. The Panthers also are pursuing Satchel Pierce, a 7-foot center from The Kiski School in Saltsburg. Pierce visited Pitt last weekend, is taking an official visit to Miami this weekend and is expected to visit Marquette next week.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pitt notebook: Offensive struggles continue
- Offense continues to click as Panthers hold off Kent State, 85-76
- Pitt notebook: Boyd undecided about leaving early for NFL
- Artis leads Pitt to lopsided victory over Cornell
- Pitt’s Young taking a pass, improving his all-around game
- Gilbert, son of ex-Pitt football standout, commits to Panthers