• Pitt offensive line coach Jim Hueber said freshman Dorian Johnson, a Belle Vernon product, had good and bad moments during his first career start Saturday at Georgia Tech. “He needed to go play and get it out his system, good or bad,” Hueber said. “I don't think he was overwhelmed by the situation. Nothing that happened in that game can hurt him down the road.” Hueber said Adam Bisnowaty will regain his starting job when he recovers from a back injury.
•• Johnson said he was disappointed in his pass protection, but watching the video was helpful. “When I was out on the field, I thought I did a lot better than I actually did,” he said. “I was kind of disappointed, but I thought it wasn't too bad for my first game. It was a good experience. I have a better feel for how much different the speed of the game is.”
• Tony Dorsett, Pitt's only Heisman Trophy winner, said he will attend the Notre Dame game Saturday. He hopes to see improvements in the program. “I know Paul Chryst is a good coach, but we have to get some ballers and some athletes in there. The program, to me, seems like it has slipped a little bit from the national scene.”
• Dorsett said he spoke with former Pitt running back Rushel Shell at a funeral. The subject of Shell's transfer to West Virginia never arose. “I didn't want to make him feel uncomfortable,” he said. “He has a chance to have a great career. I'm hoping and praying that he does. I want nothing but the best for the young man.”
• The Football Writers Association of America named defensive tackle Aaron Donald the Bronko Nagurski National Defensive Player of the Week.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.