Pitt's Patterson named ACC Player of the Week
Pitt swingman Lamar Patterson was named ACC player of the week after averaging 21.7 points in three Panthers' victories last week.
Patterson, a 6-foot-5 fifth-year senior from Lancaster, scored career highs in back-to-back games in winning MVP honors in the Legends Classic in Brooklyn.
He had 23 points against Texas Tech and 24 against Stanford, then had 18 points, eight rebounds, six assists and five steals against Duquesne in the City Game.
Syracuse freshman Tyler Ennis was named ACC rookie of the week.
— Kevin Gorman
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Artis leads Pitt to lopsided victory over Cornell
- Emotional send-off awaits Pitt seniors
- Miami’s Scott has improved program since replacing Golden
- Bowl destination is at stake for Pitt football in regular-season finale
- Pitt’s Dixon monitoring minutes early in season
- District college notebook: Pair of Pitt wrestlers win titles at Keystone Classic
- Zone defense more common for Dixon, Pitt men’s basketball team
- Pitt notebook: Narduzzi reaches out to Syracuse coach
- Pitt players praise Narduzzi’s coaching style
- Pitt football notebook: Aston makes most of his opportunity, scores pair of TDs
- Second-quarter explosion leads Pitt past Louisville