Pitt's Patterson named ACC Player of the Week
Pitt swingman Lamar Patterson was named ACC player of the week after averaging 21.7 points in three Panthers' victories last week.
Patterson, a 6-foot-5 fifth-year senior from Lancaster, scored career highs in back-to-back games in winning MVP honors in the Legends Classic in Brooklyn.
He had 23 points against Texas Tech and 24 against Stanford, then had 18 points, eight rebounds, six assists and five steals against Duquesne in the City Game.
Syracuse freshman Tyler Ennis was named ACC rookie of the week.
— Kevin Gorman
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pitt notebook: Panthers defense responds to questions with shutout
- Former Clairton, Pitt cornerback Coles enrolls at Duquesne
- Pitt notebook: Offensive linemen rotate during rout over Delaware
- Pitt cruises past Delaware in season opener
- Pitt notebook: Freshmen figure to play integral role again
- Pitt coordinator House rebuilds defense with depth
- Pitt senior Weatherspoon’s work ethic second to none
- Seton-La Salle grad Orndoff excited about his role in Pitt offense
- FSU star QB Winston working to improve on, off field
- Pitt sophomore Coles leaves football team
- Panthers ramp up respect quotient for Delaware