Bray's cause of death released
Former Gateway and Pitt football star Curtis Bray died of a pulmonary embolism, according to the Mary Greeley Medical Center in Ames, Iowa, The Des Moines Register reported. A pulmonary embolism is a sudden blockage of an artery in a lung.
Visitation for Bray will be from 3 to 7 p.m. Thursday at the Monroeville Assembly of God where services will be 10 a.m. Friday. Burial will follow at Restland Memorial in Monroeville.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Time is of essence for Pitt in finding football coach, athletic director
- Analysis: Misunderstood Chryst served Pitt well
- Assistant at Duke eyes Pitt football job
- Pitt offensive coordinator Rudolph still focused on Panthers
- Many Pitt fans endorse move to oust Pederson as athletic director
- Starkey: Pederson had to go at Pitt
- Pederson’s 2nd tenure as Pitt AD comes to abrupt end
- Pitt coach Chryst expected to take Wisconsin job
- Coach Chryst continues his Pitt football duties amid an uncertain future
- Chryst could leave for Wisconsin, but Pitt AD hopes he won’t
- If Chryst leaves Pitt, list of potential replacements is varied