Pitt WR coach Bobby Engram taking job on Baltimore Ravens' staff
Pitt wide receivers coach Bobby Engram is expected to take the same job with the Baltimore Ravens, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
Engram, one of the first assistants hired by coach Paul Chryst two years ago, is one of Pitt's top recruiters.
He also coached Tyler Boyd, who became a third-team All-ACC selection in his freshman season last year.
Engram replaces Jim Hostler, a Bethel Park native, who left to become senior offensive assistant for the Buffalo Bills.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Pitt quarterback Voytik learning to be more relaxed leading offense
- Pitt’s Bisnowaty ‘ready to go’ but may not start vs. Youngstown State
- ACC faces many variables on potential TV network to rival SEC, Big Ten
- Movement along the offensive line continues for Pitt as opener approaches
- Pitt to open ACC play vs. Syracuse at home
- Youngstown State looking for repeat performance against Pitt
- Pitt defense is entering new season with something to prove
- College football preview: ACC
- Pitt star running back Conner remains grounded despite success
- Pitt basketball team starting to get injured players back
- Despite being suspended, Boyd still making contributions for Pitt