Times announced for 3 Pitt football games
Pitt will open its football season at noon Aug. 30 against Delaware at Heinz Field, the ACC announced Tuesday. It will mark Pitt's first game against Delaware of the FCS Colonial Athletic Association.
The Pirates are scheduled to play the Cincinnati Reds at 4:05 p.m. at PNC Park that same day.
The ACC also announced that Pitt's ACC opener at 7 p.m. Sept. 5 at Boston College will be televised on ESPN. Pitt will appear on ESPN at 7:30 p.m. Oct. 16 — a Thursday night — against Virginia Tech at Heinz Field.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Pederson had to go at Pitt
- Pederson’s 2nd tenure as the athletic director at Pitt comes to abrupt end
- Chryst returns home, named football coach at Wisconsin
- Many Pitt fans endorse move to oust Pederson as athletic director
- Pitt uses 2 2nd-half flurries to hold off Manhattan, 65-56
- Rossi: It’s OK if Pitt coaches don’t stay
- If Chryst leaves Pitt, list of potential replacements is varied
- Pitt recruit: Chryst seeking changes, could stay
- Analysis: Stay or leave, Pitt football coach Chryst did his job
- Pitt AD: There is a ‘chance’ football coach will stay
- Pitt basketball’s fortunes turn on defense