Times announced for 3 Pitt football games
Pitt will open its football season at noon Aug. 30 against Delaware at Heinz Field, the ACC announced Tuesday. It will mark Pitt's first game against Delaware of the FCS Colonial Athletic Association.
The Pirates are scheduled to play the Cincinnati Reds at 4:05 p.m. at PNC Park that same day.
The ACC also announced that Pitt's ACC opener at 7 p.m. Sept. 5 at Boston College will be televised on ESPN. Pitt will appear on ESPN at 7:30 p.m. Oct. 16 — a Thursday night — against Virginia Tech at Heinz Field.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pitt well-stocked along offensive line
- Pitt football notebook: Ohio offensive lineman verbally commits to Pitt
- Pitt cruises past Delaware in season opener
- Pitt notebook: Panthers defense responds to questions with shutout
- Pitt coordinator House rebuilds defense with depth
- Former Clairton, Pitt cornerback Coles enrolls at Duquesne
- Demise of BCS, implementation of playoff system means bigger paydays for power 5 conferences
- Seton-La Salle grad Orndoff excited about his role in Pitt offense
- Pitt notebook: Offensive linemen rotate during rout over Delaware
- Campus visit sells 4-star Ohio recruit Hall on Panthers
- Boston College football coach Addazio can’t get enough of the game