Times announced for 3 Pitt football games
Pitt will open its football season at noon Aug. 30 against Delaware at Heinz Field, the ACC announced Tuesday. It will mark Pitt's first game against Delaware of the FCS Colonial Athletic Association.
The Pirates are scheduled to play the Cincinnati Reds at 4:05 p.m. at PNC Park that same day.
The ACC also announced that Pitt's ACC opener at 7 p.m. Sept. 5 at Boston College will be televised on ESPN. Pitt will appear on ESPN at 7:30 p.m. Oct. 16 — a Thursday night — against Virginia Tech at Heinz Field.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Pitt plays best game of the season; routs Kansas State
- Miami coach Golden shrugs off recent losses as Pitt visits
- Pitt’s Dixon searching for answers in Maui
- Penn State wrestling gets best of Pitt again
- No. 15 San Diego State hammers Pitt, 74-57
- Pitt prepares for speedy Miami with bowl eligibility on the line
- Pitt football notebook: Athletic department seeking fans’ input
- Pitt football notebook: Panthers’ depth at RB, offensive line shows against Syracuse
- For Pitt men’s basketball team, trouble in paradise
- Senior running back Bennett quietly filled role during Pitt career
- Pitt center Randall rebounds from injury