Pitt gets commitment from Malvern Prep QB
Pitt received another commitment from a Class of 2015 on Saturday when quarterback Alex Hornibrook of Malvern Prep told coaches he will enroll next year.
Hornibrook (6-foot-4, 210 pounds) also has offers from Rutgers, Connecticut, Akron, Colgate, Fordham, Lafayette and Yale. He is ranked as a three-star prospect by Rivals.com. He committed while visiting Pitt's practice facility during its prospect camp.
Pitt also has verbal commitments from cornerback Malik Henderson (Hallandale Beach, Fla.), Altoona linebacker Kevin Givens, Kittanning tight end Nick Bowers and Canon-McMillan offensive lineman Alex Paulina.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Panthers drop heartbreaker in overtime to Virginia Tech
- Pitt adds Texas wide receiver as 16th commitment to Class of 2015
- Junior-college DE interested in signing with Pitt
- Pine-Richland’s DiNucci to Pitt; Kittanning’s Bowers opts for PSU
- Pitt expecting to see zone defense on the road against Virginia Tech
- Gorman: Not just a no-brainer for Pine-Richland’s DiNucci
- Juco center Nix looks to fill void at Pitt
- Pitt suffers loss at home in first ACC meeting against Louisville
- Pitt women fall short against No. 23 Syracuse
- Pitt notebook: Pitino: This year’s Pitt team not as talented as past years
- Pitt, Louisville square off after unusually long layoffs