Ohio defensive tackle commits to Pitt
Pitt received its eighth commitment from the Class of 2015 on Tuesday when defensive tackle Kraig Howe of Kettering (Ohio) Archbishop Alter said he plans to enroll next year.
Howe (6-foot-3, 262 pounds) has offers from Boston College, Illinois, Iowa State, Minnesota, Northwestern, Bowling Green, Miami (Ohio) and Toledo. He is rated a three-star prospect by Rivals.com.
“He has quickness. He has athletic ability,” Archbishop Alter coach Ed Domsitz said. “He also plays basketball. We have a pretty good basketball program, and if he wasn't much of an athlete, he wouldn't be playing basketball for us.
“He can rush the passer, and he is strong enough and physical enough to handle the running game.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Movement along the offensive line continues for Pitt as opener approaches
- ACC faces many variables on potential TV network to rival SEC, Big Ten
- Youngstown State looking for repeat performance against Pitt
- Pitt to open ACC play vs. Syracuse at home
- Pitt men’s basketball adds junior-college guard
- Pitt freshman O’Neill eats up switch to tackle
- Pitt defense is entering new season with something to prove
- Pitt’s Narduzzi names 4 captains
- Despite being suspended, Boyd still making contributions for Pitt
- Brashear cornerback Coleman picks Pitt
- Pitt star running back Conner remains grounded despite success