Ohio defensive tackle commits to Pitt
Pitt received its eighth commitment from the Class of 2015 on Tuesday when defensive tackle Kraig Howe of Kettering (Ohio) Archbishop Alter said he plans to enroll next year.
Howe (6-foot-3, 262 pounds) has offers from Boston College, Illinois, Iowa State, Minnesota, Northwestern, Bowling Green, Miami (Ohio) and Toledo. He is rated a three-star prospect by Rivals.com.
“He has quickness. He has athletic ability,” Archbishop Alter coach Ed Domsitz said. “He also plays basketball. We have a pretty good basketball program, and if he wasn't much of an athlete, he wouldn't be playing basketball for us.
“He can rush the passer, and he is strong enough and physical enough to handle the running game.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pitt notebook: Chryst keeps Panthers motivated amid adversity
- Inching closer to return, Pitt’s Wright could boost defense
- For Pitt men’s basketball team, trouble in paradise
- Penn State wrestling gets best of Pitt again
- Pitt football notebook: Panthers’ depth at RB, offensive line shows against Syracuse
- Pressure mounts on Pitt coach Chryst as 3rd season will soon end
- Pitt secondary coach Douglas makes needed adjustments
- Pitt coach Dixon says finding right balance for schedule no easy task
- Pitt turns its attention to possible bowl
- On senior day, Pitt not giving up the fight
- Assistant coach who followed Haywood to Pitt settles lawsuit with school