Ohio defensive tackle commits to Pitt
Pitt received its eighth commitment from the Class of 2015 on Tuesday when defensive tackle Kraig Howe of Kettering (Ohio) Archbishop Alter said he plans to enroll next year.
Howe (6-foot-3, 262 pounds) has offers from Boston College, Illinois, Iowa State, Minnesota, Northwestern, Bowling Green, Miami (Ohio) and Toledo. He is rated a three-star prospect by Rivals.com.
“He has quickness. He has athletic ability,” Archbishop Alter coach Ed Domsitz said. “He also plays basketball. We have a pretty good basketball program, and if he wasn't much of an athlete, he wouldn't be playing basketball for us.
“He can rush the passer, and he is strong enough and physical enough to handle the running game.”
Jerry DiPaola is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. Reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org or via Twitter @JDiPaola_Trib.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pitt tries to toughen up defense
- Virginia kicker says parents preached commitment
- Pitt’s Blewitt playing through pain
- Latest loss has Panthers looking for answers
- Pitt embarrassed by Akron at home, 21-10
- Pitt notebook: Akron ground game catches Panthers off guard
- Pitt notebook: Cornerback issues emblematic of Panthers’ woes
- Pitt notebook: Chryst says Voytik may be overthinking
- Root Sports prepares for Pitt/WVU telecast overlap
- DE Blair’s 1st Pitt start continues miraculous recovery from stroke
- Akron’s Lane Jr. faces dad’s alma mater