Pitt gets commitment from Florida RB
Pitt received its second pledge from a Florida high school prospect Saturday when running back Sekai Lindsay announced on his Twitter account that he plans to enroll next year. A Pitt source confirmed the verbal commitment.
Lindsay, who attends Melbourne Palm Bay High School, joins defensive back Malik Henderson of Hallandale Beach, Fla.
Lindsay, 5-foot-10, 205, is rated a three-star prospect by Rivals.com. He also has offers from Cincinnati, Florida International, Georgia Tech, South Florida, Temple, Idaho, Indiana, Massachusetts, North Carolina State and Georgia Southern.
Pitt has nine verbal commitments in its Class of 2015, and Lindsay is the only prospect recruited exclusively to play running back.
Lindsay is ranked the No. 8 running back in Florida, by Rivals.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Position move fits Pitt sophomore Artis
- Pitt: Football coach hire comes 1st, athletic director 2nd
- Michigan State defensive coordinator a Pitt coaching candidate
- Pitt’s acting athletic director is deft facilitator
- Analysis: Misunderstood Chryst served Pitt well
- Rossi: It’s OK if Pitt coaches don’t stay
- Pederson’s 2nd tenure as Pitt AD comes to abrupt end
- Assistant at Duke eyes Pitt football job
- Pitt uses 2 2nd-half flurries to hold off Manhattan, 65-56
- Chryst returns home, named football coach at Wisconsin
- Time is of essence for Pitt in finding football coach, athletic director