Pitt men's basketball team begins tour of Bahamas with victory
Senior Cameron Wright scored 18 of his game-high 21 points in the first half to lead the Pitt men's basketball team to a 101-62 victory over the Pyramid Food Rockets on Saturday at Kendal G.L. Isaacs National Gymnasium in Nassau, Bahamas.
The contest was the first for the Panthers on their four-game tour of the Bahamas.
Sophomore Chris Jones scored 11 of his 12 points in the first half, and Pitt opened up a 48-28 halftime lead. The Panthers outrebounded the Rockets 54-21.
Pitt plays the Bahamas All-Stars at 3 p.m. Sunday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pitt forward Maia sidelined indefinitely with thumb injury
- Pitt quarterback Voytik learning to be more relaxed leading offense
- Pitt’s Bisnowaty ‘ready to go’ but may not start vs. Youngstown State
- Movement along the offensive line continues for Pitt as opener approaches
- ACC faces many variables on potential TV network to rival SEC, Big Ten
- Brashear cornerback Coleman picks Pitt
- Youngstown State looking for repeat performance against Pitt
- College football preview: ACC
- Pitt star running back Conner remains grounded despite success
- Pitt defense is entering new season with something to prove
- Pitt to open ACC play vs. Syracuse at home