Pitt men's basketball team begins tour of Bahamas with victory
Senior Cameron Wright scored 18 of his game-high 21 points in the first half to lead the Pitt men's basketball team to a 101-62 victory over the Pyramid Food Rockets on Saturday at Kendal G.L. Isaacs National Gymnasium in Nassau, Bahamas.
The contest was the first for the Panthers on their four-game tour of the Bahamas.
Sophomore Chris Jones scored 11 of his 12 points in the first half, and Pitt opened up a 48-28 halftime lead. The Panthers outrebounded the Rockets 54-21.
Pitt plays the Bahamas All-Stars at 3 p.m. Sunday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pitt notebook: Chryst keeps Panthers motivated amid adversity
- Inching closer to return, Pitt’s Wright could boost defense
- For Pitt men’s basketball team, trouble in paradise
- Pitt football notebook: Panthers’ depth at RB, offensive line shows against Syracuse
- Penn State wrestling gets best of Pitt again
- Pitt turns its attention to possible bowl
- Murrysville native Hickey carves out fine career on O-line with Syracuse
- Pitt men’s basketball team reliant on sophomores
- Pitt eager to grapple with long-standing rival Penn State on wrestling mat
- Pitt found opponent it had hoped for in Hawaii