Pitt basketball team to open with Chaminade at Maui Invitational
Pitt will open against Division II host Chaminade on Nov. 24 in the first game in the championship round of the EA Sports Maui Invitational in Hawaii.
The game will be televised at 9 p.m. on ESPNU.
The Panthers will face either BYU or San Diego State on Nov. 25. Pitt's third game is Nov. 26.
The remainder of the EA Sports Maui Invitational bracket includes Arizona, Purdue, Kansas State and Missouri. Arizona is led by former Chartiers Valley standout and Duquesne transfer T.J. McConnell. The Wildcats are coached by former Pitt and Blackhawk standout Sean Miller.
Pitt will play four games in Maui. The Panthers play Hawaii on Nov. 21 at Wailuku War Memorial Gym. Per NCAA rules, teams that schedule a road contest in Hawaii receive an additional game.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Coach Jordano providing steady hand for Pitt baseball program
- Pitt football team working to fatten up QB sack total on defense
- NFL players Fitzgerald, Donald to lead Pitt in Blue-Gold spring game
- Pitt adds quarterback recruit from Cincinnati
- Pitt women’s basketball team excited for future
- Pitt’s Amara offers Vision of hope
- Pitt lands Upper St. Clair tackle
- Pitt baseball enjoying rise in expectations
- Season offers many teaching points for Pitt
- Pitt heavily vested in linebackers’ progress
- Narduzzi set to begin more critical evaluations during Pitt football spring drills