Pitt's ACC men's basketball schedule announced
Pitt's 2014-15 men's basketball schedule features home games against Syracuse, Louisville and North Carolina as the Panthers enter their second season in the ACC.
The Panthers' 32-game schedule includes an 18-game ACC regular-season schedule (nine home, nine away). The Panthers face Boston College, Florida State, Louisville and Syracuse twice.
Pitt opens ACC play at Boston College on Jan. 6. Featured home games include Louisville (Jan. 25), Syracuse (Feb. 7) and North Carolina (Feb. 14).
Louisville, a longtime Big East opponent, is a first-year ACC member.
Pitt's conference road games include Duke (Jan. 19), Louisville (Feb. 11) and Syracuse (Feb. 21).
The ACC tournament is scheduled for March 10-14 at Greensboro Coliseum.
Other schedule highlights include the Panthers' first appearance in the Maui Invitational from Nov. 24-26 at the Lahaina Center in Maui, Hawaii. Pitt opens against Chaminade on Nov. 24. The Panthers face San Diego State or BYU in the second-round game. Earlier in the trip, the Panthers visit the University of Hawaii on Nov. 21 in Wailuku, Hawaii.
After returning from Hawaii, Pitt travels to face Indiana on Dec. 2 as part of the ACC/Big Ten Basketball Challenge.
The Panthers open the regular season against Niagara on Nov. 14 at Petersen Events Center.
John Harris is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. Reach him at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pitt, McConnell-Serio agree to new contract through 2020-21 season
- Pitt’s Blair faces court date on DUI charge
- Preseason honors piling up for former Pitt tackle Bisnowaty
- Panthers freshmen give back, visit Mel Blount Youth Home
- Pitt’s Young welcomes return to power forward
- Pitt RB Conner top vote-getter on preseason All-ACC team
- Akron defensive lineman Hargrove commits to Pitt