Pitt's ACC men's basketball schedule announced
Pitt's 2014-15 men's basketball schedule features home games against Syracuse, Louisville and North Carolina as the Panthers enter their second season in the ACC.
The Panthers' 32-game schedule includes an 18-game ACC regular-season schedule (nine home, nine away). The Panthers face Boston College, Florida State, Louisville and Syracuse twice.
Pitt opens ACC play at Boston College on Jan. 6. Featured home games include Louisville (Jan. 25), Syracuse (Feb. 7) and North Carolina (Feb. 14).
Louisville, a longtime Big East opponent, is a first-year ACC member.
Pitt's conference road games include Duke (Jan. 19), Louisville (Feb. 11) and Syracuse (Feb. 21).
The ACC tournament is scheduled for March 10-14 at Greensboro Coliseum.
Other schedule highlights include the Panthers' first appearance in the Maui Invitational from Nov. 24-26 at the Lahaina Center in Maui, Hawaii. Pitt opens against Chaminade on Nov. 24. The Panthers face San Diego State or BYU in the second-round game. Earlier in the trip, the Panthers visit the University of Hawaii on Nov. 21 in Wailuku, Hawaii.
After returning from Hawaii, Pitt travels to face Indiana on Dec. 2 as part of the ACC/Big Ten Basketball Challenge.
The Panthers open the regular season against Niagara on Nov. 14 at Petersen Events Center.
John Harris is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. Reach him at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Howland: Pederson deserves more credit at Pitt
- Pitt baseball enjoying rise in expectations
- Narduzzi set to begin more critical evaluations during Pitt football spring drills
- Pitt adds quarterback recruit from Cincinnati
- Pitt women’s basketball team excited for future
- Pitt football team adds 2-game series with Tennessee
- Pitt women fall short in upset bid against No. 2 seed Tennessee
- Pitt heavily vested in linebackers’ progress