RMU coach Toole rumored to be candidate at Siena
College Football Videos
Robert Morris men's basketball coach Andy Toole reportedly was set to interview for the vacancy at Siena.
“I can see why schools would be interested in Andy. He's an excellent coach,” said Dr. Craig Coleman, Robert Morris' athletic director. “I know how good he is, and if someone offers him a job, we'll make every effort to keep him.”
Coleman would not confirm a report in the Albany Times Union on Thursday that Toole was in Londonville, N.Y.
Toole, 32, did not return phone messages.
Toole, who replaced Mike Rice three years ago after Rice accepted the Rutgers job, has compiled a 68-36 record at Robert Morris.
The Colonials won the Northeast Conference regular-season title this season and made the NEC tournament finals twice under Toole, losing to Long Island in 2011 and '12.
An upset victory over Kentucky in the NIT this month helped elevate Toole's status.
Besides Toole, Loyola head coach Jimmy Patsos and VCU assistant coach Mike Rhoades are rumored to be candidates at Siena.
Paul Schofield is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. Reach him at email@example.com or via Twitter @Schofield_Trib.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- For Steelers outside linebacker Jones, size is not an obstacle
- Attorney General drops charges against ‘upper-level’ heroin dealers
- EDMC reaches debt-restructuring deal with creditors
- Pirates top Cardinals, 5-2, on Davis’ homer; Alvarez, McCutchen hurt
- Parade of Mustangs to kick off Connellsville’s Mum Festival
- Steelers notebook: Team cuts 15 players, including LB So’oto, RB Hall
- Medical pot advocates speak up at meeting with Sen. Folmer in Export
- Steelers cornerbacks Allen, Gay, Taylor have something to prove
- PSU notebook: Freshman cornerback Haley soars up depth chart
- Pennsylvania investigators get truck to aid in finding child predators
- Harmar police make 2 drug arrests as part of crackdown on crime