RMU coach Toole rumored to be candidate at Siena
College Football Videos
Robert Morris men's basketball coach Andy Toole reportedly was set to interview for the vacancy at Siena.
“I can see why schools would be interested in Andy. He's an excellent coach,” said Dr. Craig Coleman, Robert Morris' athletic director. “I know how good he is, and if someone offers him a job, we'll make every effort to keep him.”
Coleman would not confirm a report in the Albany Times Union on Thursday that Toole was in Londonville, N.Y.
Toole, 32, did not return phone messages.
Toole, who replaced Mike Rice three years ago after Rice accepted the Rutgers job, has compiled a 68-36 record at Robert Morris.
The Colonials won the Northeast Conference regular-season title this season and made the NEC tournament finals twice under Toole, losing to Long Island in 2011 and '12.
An upset victory over Kentucky in the NIT this month helped elevate Toole's status.
Besides Toole, Loyola head coach Jimmy Patsos and VCU assistant coach Mike Rhoades are rumored to be candidates at Siena.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins see Stars, blanked by Dallas in opening game
- Plans for Excela orthopedic center move forward
- Sluggish wage growth may sap retail spending during winter holidays
- Mt. Pleasant school board to discuss website plan
- LaBar: Why NXT shouldn’t be compared to RAW
- Big games all around the area
- Charleroi, Bentworth keep winning
- Bullskin Township/Connellsville Township authority seeks contractor for sewer line
- Roundup: GM recalls SUVs, tells owners not to use windshield wipers; Airlines post better on-time rate but get more complaints; more
- Leader Times high school roundup: Freeport collects victories
- Last-minute China worries derailed Fed’s rate hike plans, minutes reveal