RMU coach Toole rumored to be candidate at Siena
College Football Videos
Robert Morris men's basketball coach Andy Toole reportedly was set to interview for the vacancy at Siena.
“I can see why schools would be interested in Andy. He's an excellent coach,” said Dr. Craig Coleman, Robert Morris' athletic director. “I know how good he is, and if someone offers him a job, we'll make every effort to keep him.”
Coleman would not confirm a report in the Albany Times Union on Thursday that Toole was in Londonville, N.Y.
Toole, 32, did not return phone messages.
Toole, who replaced Mike Rice three years ago after Rice accepted the Rutgers job, has compiled a 68-36 record at Robert Morris.
The Colonials won the Northeast Conference regular-season title this season and made the NEC tournament finals twice under Toole, losing to Long Island in 2011 and '12.
An upset victory over Kentucky in the NIT this month helped elevate Toole's status.
Besides Toole, Loyola head coach Jimmy Patsos and VCU assistant coach Mike Rhoades are rumored to be candidates at Siena.
Paul Schofield is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. Reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org or via Twitter @Schofield_Trib.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- On border of Westmoreland, Fayette, Jacobs Creek section is sacred spot
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Americans detained in North Korea call for US help
- Trial near for Shaler man paralyzed in Pittsburgh police shooting
- Syrian rebels, government clash in Golan Heights
- Mt. Pleasant seeks on-street bike trail through downtown
- Scientists dismiss dire outlook for Western Pennsylvania winter weather
- Pirates notebook: Bucs unlikely to make trade before deadline
- Baldwin native McNulty’s storied legal career leads to Grove City post