RMU coach Toole rumored to be candidate at Siena
College Football Videos
Robert Morris men's basketball coach Andy Toole reportedly was set to interview for the vacancy at Siena.
“I can see why schools would be interested in Andy. He's an excellent coach,” said Dr. Craig Coleman, Robert Morris' athletic director. “I know how good he is, and if someone offers him a job, we'll make every effort to keep him.”
Coleman would not confirm a report in the Albany Times Union on Thursday that Toole was in Londonville, N.Y.
Toole, 32, did not return phone messages.
Toole, who replaced Mike Rice three years ago after Rice accepted the Rutgers job, has compiled a 68-36 record at Robert Morris.
The Colonials won the Northeast Conference regular-season title this season and made the NEC tournament finals twice under Toole, losing to Long Island in 2011 and '12.
An upset victory over Kentucky in the NIT this month helped elevate Toole's status.
Besides Toole, Loyola head coach Jimmy Patsos and VCU assistant coach Mike Rhoades are rumored to be candidates at Siena.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins trade for Toronto’s Kessel; lose Martin, Comeau via free agency
- Second Pa. friar commits suicide from order under investigation in sex abuse scandal
- Steelers submit application to host Super Bowl
- Judge revokes bail for Plum High School teacher
- Pair of Three Rivers Regatta races canceled
- Donora-Webster Bridge plunges into Mon River after 106 years
- 2015 Connellsville grad identified as victim of Bullskin motorcycle crash
- Pirates grind out extra-inning win against testy Tigers
- In historic vote, Legislature approves bill selling state liquor stores
- Union to work while ATI talks continue
- Troopers searching for Fayette County robbery suspect