RMU coach Toole rumored to be candidate at Siena
College Football Videos
Robert Morris men's basketball coach Andy Toole reportedly was set to interview for the vacancy at Siena.
“I can see why schools would be interested in Andy. He's an excellent coach,” said Dr. Craig Coleman, Robert Morris' athletic director. “I know how good he is, and if someone offers him a job, we'll make every effort to keep him.”
Coleman would not confirm a report in the Albany Times Union on Thursday that Toole was in Londonville, N.Y.
Toole, 32, did not return phone messages.
Toole, who replaced Mike Rice three years ago after Rice accepted the Rutgers job, has compiled a 68-36 record at Robert Morris.
The Colonials won the Northeast Conference regular-season title this season and made the NEC tournament finals twice under Toole, losing to Long Island in 2011 and '12.
An upset victory over Kentucky in the NIT this month helped elevate Toole's status.
Besides Toole, Loyola head coach Jimmy Patsos and VCU assistant coach Mike Rhoades are rumored to be candidates at Siena.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins see Stars, blanked by Dallas in opening game
- Steelers quarterback Vick getting more acquainted with offense
- Police: Woman, 18, pretended to be student, assaulted Perry principal
- Starkey: Pirates gaining bad big-game rep
- Pirates notebook: Fastball command issues hurt Cole against Cubs
- Kennametal HQ relocation rankles Westmoreland County business leadership
- A field day on social media as Pirates’ Rodriguez attacks Gatorade cooler
- What’s old is new at Toll Gate Revival in Lawrenceville
- Steelers hoping to establish run early against San Diego
- Clerical error blamed as Armstrong inmate is released
- School supplies, equipment on the auction block in former Kittanning school gym