Former Robert Morris guard transferring to Wake Forest
College Football Videos
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Wake Forest is bringing in post-graduate transfer Coron Williams.
Coach Jeff Bzdelik on Wednesday announced the addition of the shooting guard from Robert Morris.
Williams is on track to graduate this spring and will have one season to play for the Demon Deacons.
Bzdelik said Williams “combines athleticism with an excellent long-range shooting ability.”
He will be just one of two seniors on the team next year, along with fourth-year starter Travis McKie.
Williams will add depth to a backcourt that lost top scorer C.J. Harris to graduation, had junior Chase Fischer transfer out and returns sophomore point guards Codi Miller-McIntyre and Madison Jones.
The 6-foot-2 Williams made nearly 42 percent of his 3-pointers last season and has a career scoring average of 8.9 points.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins notebook: Bennett to miss about 2 weeks
- Pittsburgh ends ‘Operation Over Watch’ for police officers
- Reading Harry Potter provides clues to brain activity, CMU researchers say
- 2 Pittsburgh elementary students cited for bringing pellet guns to school
- Steelers cornerback Taylor ready to swap earpiece for helmet
- Ehrhoff finding his way with Penguins
- Man charged with playing doctor for free Nemacolin stay
- Eastern Westmoreland Career and Technology Center dedicates outdoor center
- Snow expected to taper off in Pittsburgh by mid-afternoon
- Soldier from Pottstown died Sunday in fiery crash near Martinsburg, W.Va.
- Girl, 12, rescues 4-year-old sister from burning house in Homestead