Former Robert Morris guard transferring to Wake Forest
College Football Videos
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Wake Forest is bringing in post-graduate transfer Coron Williams.
Coach Jeff Bzdelik on Wednesday announced the addition of the shooting guard from Robert Morris.
Williams is on track to graduate this spring and will have one season to play for the Demon Deacons.
Bzdelik said Williams “combines athleticism with an excellent long-range shooting ability.”
He will be just one of two seniors on the team next year, along with fourth-year starter Travis McKie.
Williams will add depth to a backcourt that lost top scorer C.J. Harris to graduation, had junior Chase Fischer transfer out and returns sophomore point guards Codi Miller-McIntyre and Madison Jones.
The 6-foot-2 Williams made nearly 42 percent of his 3-pointers last season and has a career scoring average of 8.9 points.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- EPA says it won’t reguluate coal ash as hazardous waste
- Real estate union: Howard Hanna buys Langholz Wilson Ellis
- Position move fits Pitt sophomore Artis
- Pitt’s acting athletic director is deft facilitator
- Undersized Beachum quietly excels at 1 of game’s pivotal positions
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu, Taylor unlikely to play, Harrison ‘ready’
- Penn Township man who shot friend gets probation
- Asked about Cuban cigars’ availability, retailers point to trade embargo
- Pitt: Football coach hire comes 1st, athletic director 2nd
- United Way surplus funds benefit 9 nonprofits in Westmoreland County
- Shady Side Academy torments Apollo-Ridge, moves to 3-0