Former Robert Morris guard transferring to Wake Forest
College Football Videos
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Wake Forest is bringing in post-graduate transfer Coron Williams.
Coach Jeff Bzdelik on Wednesday announced the addition of the shooting guard from Robert Morris.
Williams is on track to graduate this spring and will have one season to play for the Demon Deacons.
Bzdelik said Williams “combines athleticism with an excellent long-range shooting ability.”
He will be just one of two seniors on the team next year, along with fourth-year starter Travis McKie.
Williams will add depth to a backcourt that lost top scorer C.J. Harris to graduation, had junior Chase Fischer transfer out and returns sophomore point guards Codi Miller-McIntyre and Madison Jones.
The 6-foot-2 Williams made nearly 42 percent of his 3-pointers last season and has a career scoring average of 8.9 points.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Bodies of Kochu, Gray found in Ohio River in West Virginia
- Penguins’ protracted slump continues with 5-2 loss at Carolina
- Hays eagle egg breaks; unclear if chick was born
- Narduzzi set to begin more critical evaluations during Pitt football spring drills
- Police end standoff with New Kensington man
- About face: Pirates’ Burnett now digging the shifts
- Brownsville man killed in 1-vehicle crash
- Pitt adds quarterback recruit from Cincinnati
- North Buffalo man charged with distributing child porn
- Pittsburgh angles to keep Heinz headquarters in merger
- Sestak’s use of rank violates military’s code of ethics