Former Robert Morris guard transferring to Wake Forest
College Football Videos
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Wake Forest is bringing in post-graduate transfer Coron Williams.
Coach Jeff Bzdelik on Wednesday announced the addition of the shooting guard from Robert Morris.
Williams is on track to graduate this spring and will have one season to play for the Demon Deacons.
Bzdelik said Williams “combines athleticism with an excellent long-range shooting ability.”
He will be just one of two seniors on the team next year, along with fourth-year starter Travis McKie.
Williams will add depth to a backcourt that lost top scorer C.J. Harris to graduation, had junior Chase Fischer transfer out and returns sophomore point guards Codi Miller-McIntyre and Madison Jones.
The 6-foot-2 Williams made nearly 42 percent of his 3-pointers last season and has a career scoring average of 8.9 points.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Liriano strikes out 12, leads Pirates past Mets
- Hinderliter sets personal best while winning PIAA gold in javelin
- Women’s walk across Koreas’ DMZ denied; they cross by bus
- Cleveland protests of officer’s acquittal mostly peaceful
- Ex-Baldwin, Pitt star Pinkston not giving up on NFL dream
- Pirates notebook: Substance rule a sticky subject
- Montoya passes Power on final lap to win Indy 500
- Flash floods in Texas, Oklahoma kill 2; hundreds of homes gone
- After bruising safety crisis, U.S. car watchdog shows its bite
- Unquestionable courage & sacrifice
- Man shot while driving through Liberty Tunnel