Former Robert Morris guard transferring to Wake Forest
College Football Videos
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Wake Forest is bringing in post-graduate transfer Coron Williams.
Coach Jeff Bzdelik on Wednesday announced the addition of the shooting guard from Robert Morris.
Williams is on track to graduate this spring and will have one season to play for the Demon Deacons.
Bzdelik said Williams “combines athleticism with an excellent long-range shooting ability.”
He will be just one of two seniors on the team next year, along with fourth-year starter Travis McKie.
Williams will add depth to a backcourt that lost top scorer C.J. Harris to graduation, had junior Chase Fischer transfer out and returns sophomore point guards Codi Miller-McIntyre and Madison Jones.
The 6-foot-2 Williams made nearly 42 percent of his 3-pointers last season and has a career scoring average of 8.9 points.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Spence’s future uncertain after reinjuring knee
- Lopsided loss to Eagles shows Steelers have issues aplenty
- Olympian Orozco leading in men’s all-around at P&G Gymnastics Nationals
- Rossi: Time with Penguins taught Bylsma importance of stability
- Uniontown’s Perkins transitions from O-line to running back
- Pirates notebook: Prospect Sanchez makes 1st start at first base with Indy
- Woman shot dead, mother wounded in Hill District shooting
- Kentucky firefighters recovering from ice stunt shocks
- Records: Steelers RB Bell admitted smoking pot before traffic stop but denied being high
- Pitt football team rallies around its youth
- Fabregas: ALS videos tiresome, but effective as fundraiser