Former Robert Morris guard transferring to Wake Forest
College Football Videos
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Wake Forest is bringing in post-graduate transfer Coron Williams.
Coach Jeff Bzdelik on Wednesday announced the addition of the shooting guard from Robert Morris.
Williams is on track to graduate this spring and will have one season to play for the Demon Deacons.
Bzdelik said Williams “combines athleticism with an excellent long-range shooting ability.”
He will be just one of two seniors on the team next year, along with fourth-year starter Travis McKie.
Williams will add depth to a backcourt that lost top scorer C.J. Harris to graduation, had junior Chase Fischer transfer out and returns sophomore point guards Codi Miller-McIntyre and Madison Jones.
The 6-foot-2 Williams made nearly 42 percent of his 3-pointers last season and has a career scoring average of 8.9 points.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins notebook: Malkin could return Wednesday at Edmonton
- Tennessee QB considers transfer to Pitt
- Bettis to be enshrined in Pro Football Hall of Fame
- Franklin Regional wrestling rallies to top Belle Vernon, defend team title
- Pitt upsets No. 8 Notre Dame to snap losing streak
- Westmoreland Museum makeover draws raves
- Statewide program planned to train first responders on hazards of natural gas vehicles
- Accused Kennedy killer’s casket must go to brother, judge rules
- Sax player finds fulfillment in new home
- Central Catholic safety Petrishen to sign with Penn State
- Burrell wrestling wins 9th straight Class AA team title