RMU falls at Cleveland State to drop to 3-3
By The Associated Press
Published: Saturday, Nov. 23, 2013, 7:27 p.m.
CLEVELAND — Bryn Forbes led six Cleveland State players in double figures with 18 points as the Vikings defeated Robert Morris, 87-74, on Saturday.
The Vikings (3-2), leading 33-29 at the half, built their lead to 18 points by outscoring the Colonials, 20-6, over the first six minutes of the second half. That would be enough cushion to absorb a rally that would get the Colonials (3-3) within five points with eight minutes left, but no closer.
Joining Forbes in double figures were Charlie Lee with 17 points, Anton Grady and Trey Lewis with 13 apiece, Jon Harris 11 and Sebastian Douglas 10.
The Vikings finished 23 of 45 from the field (51.1 percent), including 7 of 17 from the 3-point arc (41.2 percent).
Jeremiah Worthem scored 16 points, Karvel Anderson 14 and Lucky Jones 13 for Robert Morris.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Maatta not a top rookie finalist
- Indictment alleges scheme defrauded government of $10 million
- Penguins insider: Malkin found confidence in Game 3
- Switch in pairings helps Penguins defensemen find groove in Game 3
- Kovacevic: No science to solving power play
- Alaska’s Iditarod Trail challenges Unity couple
- ‘Save Chatham’ protesters ordered to leave Shadyside campus
- Ben Avon Episcopal priest sentenced in child pornography case
- Highmark’s insurance profit falls 40%
- ACC announces Pitt’s opponents for next 2 seasons; Powell signs with Dukes
- Prescription Drug Take Back Day to be observed locally