RMU falls at Cleveland State to drop to 3-3
College Football Videos
CLEVELAND — Bryn Forbes led six Cleveland State players in double figures with 18 points as the Vikings defeated Robert Morris, 87-74, on Saturday.
The Vikings (3-2), leading 33-29 at the half, built their lead to 18 points by outscoring the Colonials, 20-6, over the first six minutes of the second half. That would be enough cushion to absorb a rally that would get the Colonials (3-3) within five points with eight minutes left, but no closer.
Joining Forbes in double figures were Charlie Lee with 17 points, Anton Grady and Trey Lewis with 13 apiece, Jon Harris 11 and Sebastian Douglas 10.
The Vikings finished 23 of 45 from the field (51.1 percent), including 7 of 17 from the 3-point arc (41.2 percent).
Jeremiah Worthem scored 16 points, Karvel Anderson 14 and Lucky Jones 13 for Robert Morris.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates storm back with late rally to defeat Diamondbacks, 9-4
- Steelers’ Blake prefers secondary job
- Middle school students invade Elizabeth Forward media center
- Mon Valley narcotics probe leads to multiple arrests
- McKeesport pipemaking plant idling delayed
- Auto sales heat up in July on steep discounts
- Pirates notebook: Cole scratched from rehab start at Indianapolis
- Liberian families in Western Pa. fret over Ebola virus outbreak
- HP to pay $32.5M to settle Postal Service dispute
- Parents stunned by Long Run learning center’s closure announcement
- Nonprofit prepares school supplies