RMU falls at Cleveland State to drop to 3-3
College Football Videos
CLEVELAND — Bryn Forbes led six Cleveland State players in double figures with 18 points as the Vikings defeated Robert Morris, 87-74, on Saturday.
The Vikings (3-2), leading 33-29 at the half, built their lead to 18 points by outscoring the Colonials, 20-6, over the first six minutes of the second half. That would be enough cushion to absorb a rally that would get the Colonials (3-3) within five points with eight minutes left, but no closer.
Joining Forbes in double figures were Charlie Lee with 17 points, Anton Grady and Trey Lewis with 13 apiece, Jon Harris 11 and Sebastian Douglas 10.
The Vikings finished 23 of 45 from the field (51.1 percent), including 7 of 17 from the 3-point arc (41.2 percent).
Jeremiah Worthem scored 16 points, Karvel Anderson 14 and Lucky Jones 13 for Robert Morris.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Chryst a miserable failure at Pitt
- Ex-Penguins defenseman Niskanen still miffed by coaches’ firings
- Pouliot scores in NHL debut as Penguins tame Panthers
- Pitt players support Rudolph for job
- Jeannette company’s miniature steam engines coveted for decades
- Pitt football fights to overcome steppingstone status
- Warning about cop-killer came moments too late
- Steelers’ Bell, Chiefs’ Charles elevating running back position in NFL
- Minor league report: Other prospects on Penguins’ radar
- Steelers notebook: Bell says he’s prepared to test Chiefs defense
- South Fayette football team distributes Steelers tickets to Carlynton, Wilkinsburg