Buffalo pulls away from Robert Morris men in second half
College Football Videos
BUFFALO, N.Y. — Javon McCrea scored 18 points to help Buffalo break loose from a halftime tie and beat Robert Morris, 81-66, on Tuesday night.
McCrea also gathered 12 rebounds and had five blocked shots for the Bulls, and all five starters scored in double figures. Jarryn Skeete added 15, and Jarod Oldham contributed 13 points, while Joshua Freelove and Will Regan had 12 and 10 points, respectively.
The teams played even in the first half for a 38-38 tie at halftime. The second half opened much the same until Buffalo (2-2) broke out on a 13-0 run at the 11-minute mark and took a 66-52 lead with six minutes remaining. The Colonials (3-4) never recovered as the Bulls upped the lead to 20 points with three minutes left.
Lucky Jones paced Robert Morris with 19 points and grabbed eight rebounds.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers stalled by Seahawks, on outside of AFC wild-card picture
- Fox Chapel grad VIllani performing magic for Wizards
- Steelers’ Roethlisberger reported symptoms that led to his exit vs. Seahawks
- Rossi: It’s past time for NFL to protect players
- Steelers notebook: Seahawks’ Sherman gets better of WR Brown
- Steelers players say they support Tomlin’s attempts at deception
- Pennsylvania Game Commission reaps revenue from shale gas under game lands
- Sports Deli is latest tenant to say goodbye to Parkway Center Mall
- Family of man accused of shooting St. Clair officer say allegations don’t fit his character
- Package thefts can be prevented, police, experts say
- Tarentum Bridge falcon defends turf as eagles scout nesting locations