Buffalo pulls away from Robert Morris men in second half
College Football Videos
BUFFALO, N.Y. — Javon McCrea scored 18 points to help Buffalo break loose from a halftime tie and beat Robert Morris, 81-66, on Tuesday night.
McCrea also gathered 12 rebounds and had five blocked shots for the Bulls, and all five starters scored in double figures. Jarryn Skeete added 15, and Jarod Oldham contributed 13 points, while Joshua Freelove and Will Regan had 12 and 10 points, respectively.
The teams played even in the first half for a 38-38 tie at halftime. The second half opened much the same until Buffalo (2-2) broke out on a 13-0 run at the 11-minute mark and took a 66-52 lead with six minutes remaining. The Colonials (3-4) never recovered as the Bulls upped the lead to 20 points with three minutes left.
Lucky Jones paced Robert Morris with 19 points and grabbed eight rebounds.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- NFL coaches weigh in on Polamalu’s legacy
- Penguins’ Letang leaves hospital, ‘day-to-day’ with concussion
- Alvarez latest in Pirates’ revolving door at first base
- From sticks to pucks, Mt. Pleasant collector wields power of the Pens
- Outdoor notices: March 30, 2015
- Ice Miners clinch 2nd place, home-ice advantage
- Shortfalls sabotage promise of union retirees’ pensions
- Pitt’s Amara offers Vision of hope
- Starkey: Next frontier for Steelers offense
- Governor shedding some light on schedule, contracts
- GOP succeeding at down-ballot level