Buffalo pulls away from Robert Morris men in second half
College Football Videos
BUFFALO, N.Y. — Javon McCrea scored 18 points to help Buffalo break loose from a halftime tie and beat Robert Morris, 81-66, on Tuesday night.
McCrea also gathered 12 rebounds and had five blocked shots for the Bulls, and all five starters scored in double figures. Jarryn Skeete added 15, and Jarod Oldham contributed 13 points, while Joshua Freelove and Will Regan had 12 and 10 points, respectively.
The teams played even in the first half for a 38-38 tie at halftime. The second half opened much the same until Buffalo (2-2) broke out on a 13-0 run at the 11-minute mark and took a 66-52 lead with six minutes remaining. The Colonials (3-4) never recovered as the Bulls upped the lead to 20 points with three minutes left.
Lucky Jones paced Robert Morris with 19 points and grabbed eight rebounds.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Clues to Chief Justice John Roberts’ thinking on new ObamaCare case
- Pirates trade Davis to A’s for international signing bonus money
- Pitt notebook: Chryst keeps Panthers motivated amid adversity
- Reality-based networks reaching into scripted TV
- Penn State notebook: Franklin shrugs off special-teams miscues
- North Side rowhouse burns, no injuries
- Pop Culture Q&A: TLC’s ‘Little Couple,’ TNT’s ‘Last Ship’ both slated to return
- Pirates enter Plan B with Martin off market
- 1879 Founders’ Circle Dinner gives preview of Sigo Falk Collections Center
- U.S. proposes extending talks with Iran as pessimism about nuclear deal grows
- Police seek missing Penn Hills man