Buffalo pulls away from Robert Morris men in second half
College Football Videos
BUFFALO, N.Y. — Javon McCrea scored 18 points to help Buffalo break loose from a halftime tie and beat Robert Morris, 81-66, on Tuesday night.
McCrea also gathered 12 rebounds and had five blocked shots for the Bulls, and all five starters scored in double figures. Jarryn Skeete added 15, and Jarod Oldham contributed 13 points, while Joshua Freelove and Will Regan had 12 and 10 points, respectively.
The teams played even in the first half for a 38-38 tie at halftime. The second half opened much the same until Buffalo (2-2) broke out on a 13-0 run at the 11-minute mark and took a 66-52 lead with six minutes remaining. The Colonials (3-4) never recovered as the Bulls upped the lead to 20 points with three minutes left.
Lucky Jones paced Robert Morris with 19 points and grabbed eight rebounds.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Polamalu enters training camp as Steelers’ longest tenured player
- Starkey: Pirates, Burnett could work again
- Phone scam from Jamaica reported in Allegheny County
- Developer pursues application for Strip District apartments
- Pirates notebook: Phillies’ Burnett not demanding trade
- Selig: Pirates’ rebirth a positive step for baseball
- Fire forces North Side residents from apartments
- Drive-thru window sees major change at Monroeville fast-food restaurant
- Bacteria found in bread factory not a health hazard, company says
- Police charge women with theft and fraud; one at large
- U.S. proposes tougher rules for moving crude oil, ethanol by rail