Anderson's career-high 36 points lead RMU
College Football Videos
FAIRFIELD, Conn. — Karvel Anderson scored a career-high 36 points and Robert Morris defeated Sacred Heart, 79-70, in the Northeast Conference opener for both teams on Thursday night.
Sacred Heart (3-13, 0-1) trailed by nine points at halftime before coming within 72-70 after De'von Barnett made 1 of 2 free throws with 2 minutes remaining. Anderson then scored the next five points, including a 3-pointer with 29 seconds remaining, to put Robert Morris up 77-70.
Robert Morris (6-10, 1-0) shot 53.6 percent from the field, including 10 of 15 from long range. Anderson hit 6 of his 7 3-point attempts.
“He was terrific,” RMU coach Andy Toole said. “He really did a terrific job being diversified on offense and mixing it up. His teammates did a good job of finding him, and he was aggressive and focused.”
Lucky Jones added 17 points for the Colonials. Robert Morris, playing its fourth of five consecutive road contests, snapped a three-game losing streak which included losses to Alabama and No. 6 Oklahoma State.
Mostafa Abdel Latif led Sacred Heart with 17 points and 12 rebounds.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ prime-time games shrink attendance at Heinz Field
- Woman’s body found in Adams home
- Analyst outlines Klein’s supplements, prescriptions
- Court validates Highmark Medicare plan that excludes UPMC
- Starkey: Hockey hypocrites, unite
- State trooper struck by SUV in Westmoreland faces more surgery, long recovery
- City Theatre hires James McNeel as new managing director
- Steelers offense puts up gaudy numbers in season’s 1st half
- Bayer profit edges higher, raises forecasts
- 2 Fayette commissioners oust Ambrosini as board chairman
- Penguins veteran defenseman Scuderi’s game looking up