RMU shoots down St. Francis (N.Y.) behind Lucky Jones
College Football Videos
NEW YORK — Lucky Jones needed just three minutes to score the first 11 points for Robert Morris, which jumped out early in a wire-to-wire 72-50 triumph over St. Francis (N.Y.) on Saturday.
Jones stole the ball and scored on a jumper barely 30 seconds into the contest, and then banged down three straight 3-pointers to put the Colonials up 11-4. He finished with 18 points and made two of Robert Morris' eight steals.
The eight steals and two blocked shots help the Colonials (14-11, 9-1 Northeast Conference) harry the Terriers (15-10, 6-4) into 14 turnovers and just 34 percent shooting. Jalen Cannon and Aleksandar Isailovic led the Terriers with 10 points each.
Robert Morris hit 50 percent from the field and a sparkling 8 for 10 from 3-point range with Jones hitting four and Karvel Anderson three.
Anderson scored all of his 13 points after halftime and Stephan Hawkins added 11.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Dozens dead in gunfight on Mexico ranch
- Consumer prices rose in April for 3rd straight month
- Stocks end quiet week with loss
- Pirates’ McCutchen laughs off pay stub leak
- 28 evacuated as fire hits oil platform off Louisiana coast
- As oil production soars, so do pipeline leaks
- D.C. mansion murder suspect had help, police say
- ISIS solidifies grip on Syrian town of Palmyra
- Ireland voters expected to OK gay marriage
- Bacteria levels in water at VA Butler Healthcare too high
- Trooper fatally shoots burglary suspect inside Somerset Twp. grocery store