RMU shoots down St. Francis (N.Y.) behind Lucky Jones
College Football Videos
NEW YORK — Lucky Jones needed just three minutes to score the first 11 points for Robert Morris, which jumped out early in a wire-to-wire 72-50 triumph over St. Francis (N.Y.) on Saturday.
Jones stole the ball and scored on a jumper barely 30 seconds into the contest, and then banged down three straight 3-pointers to put the Colonials up 11-4. He finished with 18 points and made two of Robert Morris' eight steals.
The eight steals and two blocked shots help the Colonials (14-11, 9-1 Northeast Conference) harry the Terriers (15-10, 6-4) into 14 turnovers and just 34 percent shooting. Jalen Cannon and Aleksandar Isailovic led the Terriers with 10 points each.
Robert Morris hit 50 percent from the field and a sparkling 8 for 10 from 3-point range with Jones hitting four and Karvel Anderson three.
Anderson scored all of his 13 points after halftime and Stephan Hawkins added 11.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pittsburgh rallies for second year of Pirates magic
- Pitt joins national team looking to unravel traumatic brain injuries
- Steelers film session: Harrison on the field often
- Tomlin: Penalties only one factor in Steelers’ loss
- Police: Charges unwarranted for Yough shop class project
- Corbett to sign bill to help lower fatal overdoses
- Penn State notebook: Players get light workload during bye week
- Steelers are vowing to fix the costly penalties, lack of self-discipline
- Women sues over injuries she blames on Pittsburgh EMS
- Prosecutors float possibility of jail time for former Justice Melvin
- Judge OKs alternative for 2 turnpike corruption case defendants