RMU shoots down St. Francis (N.Y.) behind Lucky Jones
College Football Videos
NEW YORK — Lucky Jones needed just three minutes to score the first 11 points for Robert Morris, which jumped out early in a wire-to-wire 72-50 triumph over St. Francis (N.Y.) on Saturday.
Jones stole the ball and scored on a jumper barely 30 seconds into the contest, and then banged down three straight 3-pointers to put the Colonials up 11-4. He finished with 18 points and made two of Robert Morris' eight steals.
The eight steals and two blocked shots help the Colonials (14-11, 9-1 Northeast Conference) harry the Terriers (15-10, 6-4) into 14 turnovers and just 34 percent shooting. Jalen Cannon and Aleksandar Isailovic led the Terriers with 10 points each.
Robert Morris hit 50 percent from the field and a sparkling 8 for 10 from 3-point range with Jones hitting four and Karvel Anderson three.
Anderson scored all of his 13 points after halftime and Stephan Hawkins added 11.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Pirates gaining bad big-game rep
- Steelers quarterback Vick getting more acquainted with offense
- Pitt O-line responds to coach’s challenge
- Steelers hoping to establish run early against San Diego
- Pirates notebook: Fastball command issues hurt Cole against Cubs
- Hydrangeas flower year after year with proper care, placement, feeding
- Penn State coaches are happy with quarterback Hackenberg’s play
- What’s old is new at Toll Gate Revival in Lawrenceville
- NFL notebook: Ex-Pitt RB Lewis signs 2-year extension with Patriots
- Ten Commandments monument moved to its new home in Connellsville
- Rossi: Cole is simply not good enough for Pirates