RMU's Toole named district coach of year
College Football Videos
Robert Morris coach Andy Toole, who recorded his third consecutive 20-win season with a depleted roster, was voted top coach in NABC District 18.
Toole guided the Colonials to their second consecutive NEC regular-season title as they advanced to the second round of the NIT. Due to suspensions and injuries, Toole dressed only seven players in the Colonials' final game.
Toole, 33, is 90-50 in four seasons at Robert Morris.
Sean Miller, who starred at Blackhawk and Pitt and guided Arizona to the Sweet 16, was named top coach in District 20.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- High-speed chase ends in Duquesne crash
- Steelers cut Scobee, sign free agent kicker Boswell
- Are Pirates better positioned to win it all this postseason?
- Kessel addition, better health could have Pens scoring like it’s 1990s
- Penguins at a glance entering 2015-16 season
- New book credits Nunn for Steelers’ 1970s success
- Diminishing number of pilots takes toll on small airports in Western Pa.
- Shaler man charged in death of girl, 6, not prosecuted in repeated alcohol cases
- WVU to host Oklahoma State at 7 p.m. Saturday
- Strong police presence cut crimes, behavior issues at IUP homecoming, police say
- Pitt holds off Virginia Tech in ACC opener