RMU's Toole named district coach of year
College Football Videos
Robert Morris coach Andy Toole, who recorded his third consecutive 20-win season with a depleted roster, was voted top coach in NABC District 18.
Toole guided the Colonials to their second consecutive NEC regular-season title as they advanced to the second round of the NIT. Due to suspensions and injuries, Toole dressed only seven players in the Colonials' final game.
Toole, 33, is 90-50 in four seasons at Robert Morris.
Sean Miller, who starred at Blackhawk and Pitt and guided Arizona to the Sweet 16, was named top coach in District 20.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Century III Mall’s Sears on track to close Dec. 7
- Braddock agency is a lifeline for commuters
- Food bank CEO hopeful of tax break for donors
- McKeesport’s Davis is vice chair of county Dem party
- Parade to start off Winterfest in Glassport
- Fire marshal investigating the cause of Wilmerding house fires
- Thousands depend on Mon Valley area red kettle drive
- Stakes high as ex-Saints receiver Moore faces his former team
- Black Friday trends, tactics change, but Americans still love bargains
- Steelers notebook: Injury to RT Gilbert opens door for Adams to start
- Police identify driver in North Side crash that killed pregnant woman