RMU's Toole named district coach of year
College Football Videos
Robert Morris coach Andy Toole, who recorded his third consecutive 20-win season with a depleted roster, was voted top coach in NABC District 18.
Toole guided the Colonials to their second consecutive NEC regular-season title as they advanced to the second round of the NIT. Due to suspensions and injuries, Toole dressed only seven players in the Colonials' final game.
Toole, 33, is 90-50 in four seasons at Robert Morris.
Sean Miller, who starred at Blackhawk and Pitt and guided Arizona to the Sweet 16, was named top coach in District 20.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers nose tackle McCullers finds performance, fitness go hand in hand
- Padres snap Pirates’ 7-game win streak
- Pittsburgh roots shape former Md. governor’s outlook in run for president
- Point Park graduate’s ‘mugshot’ photos hit nerve on racism
- Driver dies, students hurt in school van crash in Indiana County
- Paddleboard classes focus on fitness
- Penn State lands 4-star offensive lineman from Reading
- Pirates notebook: Burnett rediscovers vintage form
- East Franklin family held at gunpoint in Arnold; no one hurt
- Hurdle says Pirates must eliminate defensive gaffes
- Pittsburgh’s HealthyRide system begins launch Sunday