RMU's Toole named district coach of year
College Football Videos
Robert Morris coach Andy Toole, who recorded his third consecutive 20-win season with a depleted roster, was voted top coach in NABC District 18.
Toole guided the Colonials to their second consecutive NEC regular-season title as they advanced to the second round of the NIT. Due to suspensions and injuries, Toole dressed only seven players in the Colonials' final game.
Toole, 33, is 90-50 in four seasons at Robert Morris.
Sean Miller, who starred at Blackhawk and Pitt and guided Arizona to the Sweet 16, was named top coach in District 20.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers must be creative in providing snaps for linebackers
- Rossi: Brawl for ADs between Pitt and WVU
- Penguins’ Maatta tests positive for mumps; Bortuzzo, Greiss negative
- Fall from Hazelwood roof kills man
- Veteran tight end Miller’s blocking skill crucial to success to Steelers running game
- Toys for Tots fails to deliver; local charities scramble
- First Niagara to cut 200 jobs; Pittsburgh impact unclear
- Sandusky won’t get his pension back
- Time is of essence for Pitt in finding football coach, athletic director
- Fleury’s career-best 6th shutout lifts Penguins over Avalanche in overtime
- Analysis: Misunderstood Chryst served Pitt well