RMU's Toole named district coach of year
College Football Videos
Robert Morris coach Andy Toole, who recorded his third consecutive 20-win season with a depleted roster, was voted top coach in NABC District 18.
Toole guided the Colonials to their second consecutive NEC regular-season title as they advanced to the second round of the NIT. Due to suspensions and injuries, Toole dressed only seven players in the Colonials' final game.
Toole, 33, is 90-50 in four seasons at Robert Morris.
Sean Miller, who starred at Blackhawk and Pitt and guided Arizona to the Sweet 16, was named top coach in District 20.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- White Oak moves forward on community center
- Liberty hires 2 part-time police officers, honors another
- Pittsburgh police officers start wearing video cameras
- Raptor system helps to protect Ringgold students
- Demand for hazmat suits due to Ebola outbreak triples firm’s production
- McKeesport Area first-grader brings toy gun on school bus
- 12-year-old’s donated heart joins families, lets her memory live
- Kin of 2013 DUI crash victim in Hempfield lose young family in fire
- DNA evidence in alleged June 2013 rape leads to Latrobe man’s arrest