RMU's Toole named district coach of year
College Football Videos
Robert Morris coach Andy Toole, who recorded his third consecutive 20-win season with a depleted roster, was voted top coach in NABC District 18.
Toole guided the Colonials to their second consecutive NEC regular-season title as they advanced to the second round of the NIT. Due to suspensions and injuries, Toole dressed only seven players in the Colonials' final game.
Toole, 33, is 90-50 in four seasons at Robert Morris.
Sean Miller, who starred at Blackhawk and Pitt and guided Arizona to the Sweet 16, was named top coach in District 20.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t discuss discipline for Bell, Blount
- WVU notebook: Holgorsen expects similar effort
- Pittsburgh mayor says new police chief’s skills fit the job well
- Pirates add six players to roster, including OF Polanco
- Former Dormont businessman avoids jail for wire fraud
- United Kingdom at risk, new poll finds
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Democratic gubernatorial nominee in spotlight at Labor Day Parade
- Retail theft suspect takes off, leaves baby at Rostraver Township Walmart
- Nearing 25 years together, WPXI anchors Johnson, Finnegan defy odds