RMU's Toole named district coach of year
College Football Videos
Robert Morris coach Andy Toole, who recorded his third consecutive 20-win season with a depleted roster, was voted top coach in NABC District 18.
Toole guided the Colonials to their second consecutive NEC regular-season title as they advanced to the second round of the NIT. Due to suspensions and injuries, Toole dressed only seven players in the Colonials' final game.
Toole, 33, is 90-50 in four seasons at Robert Morris.
Sean Miller, who starred at Blackhawk and Pitt and guided Arizona to the Sweet 16, was named top coach in District 20.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Crosby banned from Jets game because he missed All-Star Game
- Former Steelers LB Haggans to do time in Westmoreland jail
- LeBeau won’t join Cardinals coaching staff
- Pine-Richland’s DiNucci to Pitt; Kittanning’s Bowers opts for PSU
- Pittsburgh cracks down on overcrowded houses
- Teen found in Riverview Park last year died of overdose
- Snow causes collisions, delays in Mon-Yough area
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended 8 games for hit on Letang
- Some normalcy returns to Homestead business district devastated by fire
- Western Pa. farm markets keep customers coming when nothing’s growing
- Gorman: Not just a no-brainer for Pine-Richland’s DiNucci