RMU's Toole named district coach of year
College Football Videos
Robert Morris coach Andy Toole, who recorded his third consecutive 20-win season with a depleted roster, was voted top coach in NABC District 18.
Toole guided the Colonials to their second consecutive NEC regular-season title as they advanced to the second round of the NIT. Due to suspensions and injuries, Toole dressed only seven players in the Colonials' final game.
Toole, 33, is 90-50 in four seasons at Robert Morris.
Sean Miller, who starred at Blackhawk and Pitt and guided Arizona to the Sweet 16, was named top coach in District 20.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Happ’s strong start, Ramirez’s homer pace Pirates past Rockies
- College football preview: ACC
- Pitt star running back Conner remains grounded despite success
- Unlike during his time at Florida, Ohio State’s Meyer learning to enjoy his success
- Rossi: Beleaguered Steelers need MVP from Big Ben
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin mum on Bryant suspension
- Big plays cost Steelers defense in 43-19 preseason loss at Bills
- Shale gas violations down as DEP steps up inspections
- Pitt’s cancer institute marks 30 years with eye toward future
- Port Authority’s plan for car-free communities slow to bear fruit
- Butler organization seeks answers for unexplained phenomena