WVU releases 2013 football schedule
By John Harris
Published: Tuesday, Nov. 20, 2012, 6:34 p.m.
West Virginia's 2013 football schedule will feature six home games and six away games, athletic director Oliver Luck announced Tuesday.
The Mountaineers open against FCS member William & Mary on Aug. 31 at Milan Puskar Stadium.
WVU begins Big 12 play at Oklahoma on Sept. 7.
The Mountaineers' first conference home game is against Oklahoma State on Sept. 28. Additional Big 12 home games include Texas Tech (Oct. 19), Texas (Nov. 9) and Iowa State (Nov. 29 or 30) for Senior Day. It will be Texas' first game in Morgantown.
Additional conference road games will feature the first trips in school history to Baylor (Oct. 5), Kansas State (Oct. 26), TCU (Nov. 2) and Kansas (Nov. 16).
“I think the schedule provides a good mix of home and away games in each month, which will be beneficial to our teams and fans,” coach Dana Holgorsen said in a statement. “We all know how difficult the competition is in the Big 12. This schedule will once again be very challenging for our program.”
WVU is 5-5 overall and 3-5 in its first Big 12 season. The Mountaineers are 1-3 at home in conference play.
WVU has two other nonconference games. It hosts Georgia State — a first-time FBS opponent coached by former Georgia Tech, Kentucky and Alabama coach Bill Curry — on Sept. 14 in Morgantown.
The Mountaineers also face Maryland on Sept. 21 at M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore. It will be the Terrapins' final season in the ACC before joining the Big Ten in 2014.
John Harris is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates trade for Mets first baseman Davis
- Orpik: Penguins must keep their cool
- Penguins’ Bylsma wants Cup version of Letang
- Latrobe woman texts searchers in Linn Run State Park to tell them she’s OK
- Alvarez struggles as Pirates fall short against Brewers
- RiverQuest short of money, looks for a partner
- Rossi: Pens sticking to power-play plan
- Survivors in critical condition a day after fifth Armstrong County car crash victim dies
- Former Mystic Inn burns in Republic, Fayette County
- Police say Latrobe woman bought gun for boyfriend, who shot neighbor
- Renter tries to battle New Kensington house fire