WVU whips Marist in 1st round of Old Spice Classic
By The Associated Press
Published: Thursday, Nov. 22, 2012, 9:30 p.m.
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — Eron Harris scored 15 points, and Terry Henderson added 14 to lead West Virginia past Marist, 87-44, in the first round of the Old Spice Classic on Thursday.
Mountaineers center Aaric Murray came off the bench in the second half and finished with 10 points and five rebounds.
Henderson had all his points in the first half to help West Virginia (1-1) take a 51-19 halftime lead. The Mountaineers made 22 of 39 shots during the opening half, while Marist went 5 for 20.
Marist (1-3) got 10 points from Isaiah Morton. Adam Kemp had six points and nine rebounds.
West Virginia's Matt Humphrey finished with 10 points, and teammate Jabarie Hinds had 11.
Murray played only 15 minutes Thursday after recently being late to practice.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Get off beaten herb path
- Penguins’ Bylsma wants Cup version of Letang
- Pirates trade for Mets first baseman Davis
- Rossi: Pens sticking to power-play plan
- Alle-Kiski Valley economic development group honored for police training
- PennDOT wants Rock Airport in West Deer to remain open
- Orpik: Penguins must keep their cool
- Engineer made most of opportunities in U.S.
- Holtgraver holds on to win Lernerville opener
- Mt. Pleasant’s Donitzen’s high jump prowess could be college ticket
- South Connellsville accepts police chief’s resignation