WVU fires defensive assistant football coach
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Sunday, Jan. 6, 2013, 8:12 p.m.
West Virginia's coaching changes continued over the weekend when assistant head football coach Steve Dunlap was fired.
Dunlap coached special teams and the outside linebacker position. His dismissal comes about a week after the Mountaineers lost to Syracuse in the Pinstripe Bowl.
Dunlap had coached at West Virginia for 26 years over two stints.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Garden Q&A: Firecracker vine OK for trellis?
- Starkey: Penguins’ arrogance astounding
- Matt Calvert’s goal in double OT evens series for Blue Jackets
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in shooting at Chartiers party
- Penguins’ Gibbons scores twice but leaves with apparent injury
- NFL notebook: Pryor will be cut if he’s not traded
- Patients denied as donor organs discarded
- Draftees’ longevity key for NFL success
- State police: People injured in Parkway crash resulting from police chase
- North Versailles, Murrysville families still waiting for report on 2011 chopper crash that killed couple
- Pair of Braun homers spells defeat for Pirates