Baylor puts up 864 yards in 73-42 pounding of WVU
College Football Videos
WACO, Texas — Bryce Petty threw for 347 yards with two touchdowns and had one of Baylor's eight rushing TDs as the No. 17 Bears kept up their big-scoring ways in the Big 12, beating West Virginia, 73-42, on Saturday night.
The Bears (4-0, 1-0) had 864 total yards, breaking the Big 12 record. They had 468 yards rushing and 396 passing.
Petty completed 17 of 25 passes while playing only one drive into the second half.
Lache Seastrunk had his eighth consecutive 100-yard rushing game, coinciding with Baylor's winning streak. He ran 15 times for 172 yards and two touchdowns, including an 80-yard score as Baylor had 28 points in the first quarter for the fourth game in a row.
The Mountaineers (3-3, 1-2) made their Big 12 debut with a 70-63 win over Baylor last year in the league's highest-scoring game ever. They couldn't keep up in the rematch.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Crosby’s debt to NHL paid in full
- Funeral for Joey Fabus, honorary Bethel Park police officer, draws crowd
- New York City hunkers down as Nor’easter threatens blizzard conditions
- WVa natural gas line explodes near Ohio border
- Pitt coach Narduzzi adds N.J. linebacker recruit
- Second teen charged in Jan. 1 Tarentum shooting
- Penguins’ Fleury surrenders 7 goals in 1 period of NHL All-Star Game loss
- Leechburg Road to reopen after two-vehicle accident
- ‘Free’ wine kiosk initiative costs state Liquor Control Board $300K
- Drops in gasoline prices won’t likely last, analysts say
- Islamic State group pushed out of Syria’s Kobani