Gateway Midget teams sweep Plum
TribLIVE Sports Videos
It was a successful Sunday afternoon for the Gateway Midget football teams, as the squads swept Plum at Antimarino Stadium.
Chilly temperatures and rain bathed the field for much of the day, but the Gateway players didn't let the weather bother them.
The Termites (ages 7-9) opened with a 30-0 victory over Plum, and they evened their record at 4-4.
It was their second shutout in three weeks.
The Termites also shut out Norwin, 28-0, on Sept. 16.
The Mites (ages 10-11) snapped a two-game losing streak with a 12-0 victory over Plum. They now are 3-4 on the season, and all three wins are by shutout.
The Midgets (ages 12-13) celebrated a 19-6 win against Plum and improved to 4-3. Several of the Midgets players were honored earlier in the day during a senior recognition ceremony.
The Mites and Midgets have played one less game than the Termites because their scheduled games with Penn-Trafford on Sept. 1 were postponed.
The Gateway teams continued their push to the playoffs with games on Sunday at Franklin Area.
The Termites play at 1 p.m., and the Mites take the field at 2:30. The Midgets game is slated for 4 p.m.
The games will be played on the Franklin Regional High School football field.
Michael Love is a staff writer with Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5825 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Brashear cornerback Coleman picks Pitt
- Man critical after being shot in Pittsburgh’s Knoxville neighborhood
- Morton inconsistent, Bucs’ bats quiet in 5-0 loss to Rockies
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin mum on Bryant suspension
- NFL notebook: Redskins torn over QB Griffin’s fate
- Rossi: Beleaguered Steelers need MVP from Big Ben
- Pirates notebook: Burnett encouraged by extended simulated game
- Pope Francis’ lack of familiarity with United States unusual
- Outdoors notebook: New Glade Run Lake may sport different look
- Obama inches closer to veto-proof support for Iran nuclear deal
- Big plays cost Steelers defense in preseason loss at Bills