Leonard nabs minor league gold glove award
By Staff Reports
Published: Friday, October 5, 2012, 6:10 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Connellsville High School graduate Joe Leonard was among nine minor league players to receive the Rawlings 2012 Gold Glove Award. Leonard, a Dawson native, was the starting third baseman for the Mississippi Braves, the Class AA affiliate of the Atlanta Braves. In 124 games, the former third-round draft pick out of the Pitt committed just 11 errors.
Last month, Leonard was named the Atlanta Braves' Class AA Player of the Year after hitting .263 with a team-best nine home runs and 66 RBI.
- Steelers might be looking at a youth movement in 2013
- Kovacevic: Do Senators have anything left?
- Rossi: Late-game moves pay off
- Penguins’ Dupuis earns teammates’ respect with consistent play
- Alleged Washington County carjacker arrest at airport
- Trib poll: Peduto pulling ahead in Pittsburgh mayor’s race
- Gulf Tower ‘turns’ red over Pens goals
- Gorman: Pitt hoops could soon have Western Pa. flavor
- Penguins notebook: Spezza will return for Senators in Game 3
- Militaries’ growing use of ground robots raises ethics concerns
- Sewickley man dies in overnight motorcycle accident
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.