Leonard nabs minor league gold glove award
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Connellsville High School graduate Joe Leonard was among nine minor league players to receive the Rawlings 2012 Gold Glove Award. Leonard, a Dawson native, was the starting third baseman for the Mississippi Braves, the Class AA affiliate of the Atlanta Braves. In 124 games, the former third-round draft pick out of the Pitt committed just 11 errors.
Last month, Leonard was named the Atlanta Braves' Class AA Player of the Year after hitting .263 with a team-best nine home runs and 66 RBI.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Rossi: At start, are Pens already finished?
- Sexual assault victim could receive $100K settlement from Pittsburgh
- Consol, Noble expect at least $325 million from partnership’s IPO
- Marshals make arrest in fatal Strip District shooting
- Penn Hills transforms into NYC for Vin Diesel witch movie
- Identical twins born at West Penn Hospital a rare medical marvel
- Pittsburgh Public evacuates 3 schools after voicemail threat
- Accused Franklin Regional stabber allowed 1-hour furlough to pay respects to grandmother
- Steelers’ Roethlisberger still hurting after hard hit from Ravens’ Upshaw
- Penguins notebook: Martin not concerned about expiring contract
- Western Pennsylvania detailers get opportunity to work on original Air Force One