Leonard nabs minor league gold glove award
By Staff Reports
Published: Friday, Oct. 5, 2012, 6:10 p.m.
Connellsville High School graduate Joe Leonard was among nine minor league players to receive the Rawlings 2012 Gold Glove Award. Leonard, a Dawson native, was the starting third baseman for the Mississippi Braves, the Class AA affiliate of the Atlanta Braves. In 124 games, the former third-round draft pick out of the Pitt committed just 11 errors.
Last month, Leonard was named the Atlanta Braves' Class AA Player of the Year after hitting .263 with a team-best nine home runs and 66 RBI.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Analysis: Steelers could fill needs with free agents while not spending big bucks
- Pittsburgh’s Rubber Duck to be redeployed to Norfolk
- Police charge Westmoreland County priest in $124,000 theft case
- Steelers to release LaMarr Woodley; Taylor restructures contract
- Woman sues UPMC over pregnancy drug test
- Crosby lifts Penguins over Capitals in last game of road trip
- 2 Jeannette women rescued from burning apartment building
- Pittsburgh council introduces resolution to pay Rocco’s vet bills
- Job cuts at AGH part of ‘strategic’ process
- Legislators propose bill to split up Pennsylvania-owned university system
- Ordinance requires Pittsburgh government to publish data online