Leonard nabs minor league gold glove award
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Connellsville High School graduate Joe Leonard was among nine minor league players to receive the Rawlings 2012 Gold Glove Award. Leonard, a Dawson native, was the starting third baseman for the Mississippi Braves, the Class AA affiliate of the Atlanta Braves. In 124 games, the former third-round draft pick out of the Pitt committed just 11 errors.
Last month, Leonard was named the Atlanta Braves' Class AA Player of the Year after hitting .263 with a team-best nine home runs and 66 RBI.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Lopsided loss to Eagles shows Steelers have issues aplenty
- Steelers notebook: Keisel always hoped to return
- Hero Franklin Regional security guard out of work
- Harrison’s 5 RBIs help Pirates pound Brewers
- Rossi: Time with Penguins taught Bylsma importance of stability
- Traffic for eastbound Squirrel Hill Tunnel getting congested
- Car goes over hillside near Aliquippa High School
- Sandusky cover-up case unusually shrouded
- Hazmat volunteers praised for dedication at Seven Springs conference
- Records: Steelers RB Bell admitted smoking pot before traffic stop but denied being high
- O’Hara teen finds inspiration for flying, dodging robot in fruit fly