Leonard nabs minor league gold glove award
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Connellsville High School graduate Joe Leonard was among nine minor league players to receive the Rawlings 2012 Gold Glove Award. Leonard, a Dawson native, was the starting third baseman for the Mississippi Braves, the Class AA affiliate of the Atlanta Braves. In 124 games, the former third-round draft pick out of the Pitt committed just 11 errors.
Last month, Leonard was named the Atlanta Braves' Class AA Player of the Year after hitting .263 with a team-best nine home runs and 66 RBI.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins trade Bortuzzo, pick for St. Louis defenseman Cole
- No franchise tag for Steelers’ Worilds
- Arrogant media elites mock Middle America
- Burial set for remains of World War II soldier from Perrysville
- Tax on shale-gas drillers would punish industry, Turzai says
- LaBar: Is Brock Lesnar leaving WWE again?
- Sales, income taxes increases expected in Gov. Tom Wolf’s budget
- Shale drilling boom a bust for some Western Pennsylvania towns
- Long-term closures at Carnegie interchange on Parkway West to begin
- Rossi: Fitting in will be Kang’s biggest hurdle
- DA’s office examining complaint history of Strip District club