Connellsville graduate Craig advances at U.S. Women's Mid-Amateur Championship
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Connellsville native Jordan Craig needed extra holes, but she made it through the round of 64 at the 26th U.S. Women's Mid-Amateur Championship on Monday at Briggs Ranch Golf Club in San Antonio.
She defeated Joan Higgins of Glendora, Calif., in match play. Craig rallied with a par putt on the 18th hole before winning it on the second playoff hole with a birdie.
Craig was scheduled to play Tara Fleming of Jersey City, N.J., on Tuesday morning in the round of 32. If Craig wins, she advances to the round of 16 later Tuesday. Craig's caddie is her 90-year-old grandfather, Lew Lynn.
Craig, 26, graduated from Connellsville in 2004 before moving on to Wake Forest.
— Staff reports
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Pirates can’t waste McCutchen’s prime
- East Huntingdon man dies following police chase
- Giants, Bumgarner shut out Pirates in wild-card game
- Pirates’ Martin calls crowd chant ‘petty special’
- Steelers pressing to create opportunities to get to quarterback
- Consol Energy cutting retiree health benefits, phasing out pension
- Steelers notebook: Mitchell aware of need to reduce penalties
- Highmark to increase premiums, limit access to health care in new plans
- Woman dies in fall at McConnells Mill State Park
- Search for pilot of ultralight aircraft to resume Thursday
- Penguins’ Sutter is determined to keep scoring pressure on