Connellsville graduate Craig advances at U.S. Women's Mid-Amateur Championship
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Connellsville native Jordan Craig needed extra holes, but she made it through the round of 64 at the 26th U.S. Women's Mid-Amateur Championship on Monday at Briggs Ranch Golf Club in San Antonio.
She defeated Joan Higgins of Glendora, Calif., in match play. Craig rallied with a par putt on the 18th hole before winning it on the second playoff hole with a birdie.
Craig was scheduled to play Tara Fleming of Jersey City, N.J., on Tuesday morning in the round of 32. If Craig wins, she advances to the round of 16 later Tuesday. Craig's caddie is her 90-year-old grandfather, Lew Lynn.
Craig, 26, graduated from Connellsville in 2004 before moving on to Wake Forest.
— Staff reports
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- LaBar: WWE not backing down from controversy
- LCB, Duquesne University police recover rare bourbon in illegal sale
- Overhaul of military benefit programs sought
- Kennametal plans plant closings, job cuts in fallout from oil and gas decline
- Former Century III Mall general manager waives charges
- 3 in Westmoreland charged in painkiller ring
- St. Agnes students assist food bank during Catholic Schools Week
- Stat dropoff, road struggles have Penguins seeking consistency
- Twin Rivers Intermediate students in McKeesport get hands-on science lessons
- Overall Mon-Yough homicide stats remain steady
- Beloved North Side gardener gets new truck, paid for by her neighbors