Connellsville graduate Craig advances at U.S. Women's Mid-Amateur Championship
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Connellsville native Jordan Craig needed extra holes, but she made it through the round of 64 at the 26th U.S. Women's Mid-Amateur Championship on Monday at Briggs Ranch Golf Club in San Antonio.
She defeated Joan Higgins of Glendora, Calif., in match play. Craig rallied with a par putt on the 18th hole before winning it on the second playoff hole with a birdie.
Craig was scheduled to play Tara Fleming of Jersey City, N.J., on Tuesday morning in the round of 32. If Craig wins, she advances to the round of 16 later Tuesday. Craig's caddie is her 90-year-old grandfather, Lew Lynn.
Craig, 26, graduated from Connellsville in 2004 before moving on to Wake Forest.
— Staff reports
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- On border of Westmoreland, Fayette, Jacobs Creek section is sacred spot
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Trial near for Shaler man paralyzed in Pittsburgh police shooting
- Mt. Pleasant seeks on-street bike trail through downtown
- Americans detained in North Korea call for US help
- Scientists dismiss dire outlook for Western Pennsylvania winter weather
- Syrian rebels, government clash in Golan Heights
- Rossi: Cole perfect pitcher to start pivotal series for Pirates
- Pirates notebook: Bucs unlikely to make trade before deadline