Connellsville graduate Craig advances at U.S. Women's Mid-Amateur Championship
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Connellsville native Jordan Craig needed extra holes, but she made it through the round of 64 at the 26th U.S. Women's Mid-Amateur Championship on Monday at Briggs Ranch Golf Club in San Antonio.
She defeated Joan Higgins of Glendora, Calif., in match play. Craig rallied with a par putt on the 18th hole before winning it on the second playoff hole with a birdie.
Craig was scheduled to play Tara Fleming of Jersey City, N.J., on Tuesday morning in the round of 32. If Craig wins, she advances to the round of 16 later Tuesday. Craig's caddie is her 90-year-old grandfather, Lew Lynn.
Craig, 26, graduated from Connellsville in 2004 before moving on to Wake Forest.
— Staff reports
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Experience ‘Faces and Voices’
- Robinson: Rooney retains North Side roots
- Real estate notes: Hotel going up in Chippewa; CSX honored
- Starkey: Chryst missed his only shot
- Pirates must weigh risk, reward in attempt to sign Martin
- CDC’s misinformation spreads faster than Ebola virus
- The tardy Ebola czar
- Fenced-in deer hunts spark debate
- Data make strong case for 401(k)
- Good ol’ Warren G. & Silent Cal: Harding & Coolidge understood basic economics
- Penguins rebound with shutout of Predators