Connellsville graduate Craig advances at U.S. Women's Mid-Amateur Championship
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Connellsville native Jordan Craig needed extra holes, but she made it through the round of 64 at the 26th U.S. Women's Mid-Amateur Championship on Monday at Briggs Ranch Golf Club in San Antonio.
She defeated Joan Higgins of Glendora, Calif., in match play. Craig rallied with a par putt on the 18th hole before winning it on the second playoff hole with a birdie.
Craig was scheduled to play Tara Fleming of Jersey City, N.J., on Tuesday morning in the round of 32. If Craig wins, she advances to the round of 16 later Tuesday. Craig's caddie is her 90-year-old grandfather, Lew Lynn.
Craig, 26, graduated from Connellsville in 2004 before moving on to Wake Forest.
— Staff reports
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t ask for taunting clarification from league
- Audit of Allegheny County Jail health provider says money being wasted, inmates at risk
- Mars Area School District contends it was right to expel student with behavioral problems
- Pirates win bidding for Korean infielder
- Stocks push to record highs, continuing rally
- N.Y. GOP lawmaker to plead guilty to federal tax fraud
- Leon Ford’s civil rights lawsuit can proceed, judge rules
- Ex-Penguins defenseman Niskanen still miffed by coaches’ firings
- Rossi: Steelers rising fast in mediocre AFC
- Pitt recruit Whitehead remains committed
- Penguins’ Sutter, Downie, Greiss being tested for mumps, ruled out