Connellsville graduate Craig advances at U.S. Women's Mid-Amateur Championship
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Connellsville native Jordan Craig needed extra holes, but she made it through the round of 64 at the 26th U.S. Women's Mid-Amateur Championship on Monday at Briggs Ranch Golf Club in San Antonio.
She defeated Joan Higgins of Glendora, Calif., in match play. Craig rallied with a par putt on the 18th hole before winning it on the second playoff hole with a birdie.
Craig was scheduled to play Tara Fleming of Jersey City, N.J., on Tuesday morning in the round of 32. If Craig wins, she advances to the round of 16 later Tuesday. Craig's caddie is her 90-year-old grandfather, Lew Lynn.
Craig, 26, graduated from Connellsville in 2004 before moving on to Wake Forest.
— Staff reports
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates sickened by pic of ‘Jihadi John’ wearing Bucs ball cap
- U.S. economic growth revised downward to 2.2%
- Highmark lays off nearly 100 workers, mostly in IT, as membership declines
- At Pitt, a chance to make early impression under Narduzzi
- Pirates notebook: Tabata rediscovering his power
- Woman sues Allegheny County, alleges sex harassment during prisoner transport
- NHL notebook: Blackhawks acquire Kimmo Timonen
- South Korea to tighten gun regulations as man kills 3, self
- Teacher turned notorious drug lord Gomez finally nabbed in Mexico
- Two charged with selling heroin that killed Lower Burrell woman
- Uniontown podiatrist, 6 others charged in prescription painkiller scheme