Stawski finishes fifth at USCAA championships, wins PSUAC tournament
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Plum graduate Adam Stawski shot a second-round 2-over 74 on Tuesday to complete a fifth-place finish at the United States Collegiate Athletic Association men's golf championship at the Blue Course near Penn State University's main campus.
He ended with a two-round total of 152 (78-74).
The Penn State-New Kensington junior also captured the Penn State University Athletic Conference individual title contested between golfers from eight schools in the Penn State University system.
With the fifth-place national finish, Stawski is one of eight golfer to earn 2012 USCAA Golf All-American status.
Stawski's final round on Tuesday included an eagle on the par-5 18th.
He adds this year's PSAUC title to the championship runner-up finish from 2009.
Stawski also was fourth at the 2009 USCAA tournament, and he earned All-American status that year as well.
In addition to his golfing success, Stawski also was selected to the USCAA Academic All-American team.
Michael Love is a staff writer with Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5825 or at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates likely to seek pitcher, catcher when free agency starts
- Hackers’ new Dyre malware infects W.Pa. computers, vexes FBI cyber agents
- Fleury, Penguins too much for Kings
- LaBar: Updated WWE Network numbers, its future
- Veteran LB Harrison: Steelers must play to way defense is set up
- Ford City’s teamwork, emotion take center stage in semifinal win over Freeport
- Emaciated Lab-collie mix found in garbage bag in New Stanton
- How to avoid Amazon and still get deals
- 5 Cal U football players arrested for assault; Saturday’s game canceled
- Few knew of cyber attack on White House computer network
- Through the years: Highlands routed Franklin Regional to clinch conference title