Stawski finishes fifth at USCAA championships, wins PSUAC tournament
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Plum graduate Adam Stawski shot a second-round 2-over 74 on Tuesday to complete a fifth-place finish at the United States Collegiate Athletic Association men's golf championship at the Blue Course near Penn State University's main campus.
He ended with a two-round total of 152 (78-74).
The Penn State-New Kensington junior also captured the Penn State University Athletic Conference individual title contested between golfers from eight schools in the Penn State University system.
With the fifth-place national finish, Stawski is one of eight golfer to earn 2012 USCAA Golf All-American status.
Stawski's final round on Tuesday included an eagle on the par-5 18th.
He adds this year's PSAUC title to the championship runner-up finish from 2009.
Stawski also was fourth at the 2009 USCAA tournament, and he earned All-American status that year as well.
In addition to his golfing success, Stawski also was selected to the USCAA Academic All-American team.
Michael Love is a staff writer with Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5825 or at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t discuss discipline for Bell, Blount
- Wednesday’s scouting report: Pirates at Cardinals
- Closer seats don’t sit well with some fliers
- Pirates notebook: Polanco says demotion to Indianapolis helped
- Penn State notebook: Franklin: Nittany Lions’ ‘healthy’ going into Week 2
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- NFL notebook: Broncos WR Welker suspended 4 games
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Pittsburgh mayor says new police chief’s skills fit the job well
- Pitt football notebook: Ohio offensive lineman verbally commits to Pitt
- $1.4B penalty urged in gas blast