Stawski finishes fifth at USCAA championships, wins PSUAC tournament
By Michael Love
Published: Thursday, Oct. 11, 2012, 9:20 a.m.
Plum graduate Adam Stawski shot a second-round 2-over 74 on Tuesday to complete a fifth-place finish at the United States Collegiate Athletic Association men's golf championship at the Blue Course near Penn State University's main campus.
He ended with a two-round total of 152 (78-74).
The Penn State-New Kensington junior also captured the Penn State University Athletic Conference individual title contested between golfers from eight schools in the Penn State University system.
With the fifth-place national finish, Stawski is one of eight golfer to earn 2012 USCAA Golf All-American status.
Stawski's final round on Tuesday included an eagle on the par-5 18th.
He adds this year's PSAUC title to the championship runner-up finish from 2009.
Stawski also was fourth at the 2009 USCAA tournament, and he earned All-American status that year as well.
In addition to his golfing success, Stawski also was selected to the USCAA Academic All-American team.
Michael Love is a staff writer with Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5825 or at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Switch in pairings helps Penguins defensemen find groove in Game 3
- Penguins insider: Malkin found confidence in Game 3
- Kovacevic: No science to solving power play
- SCI-Pittsburgh inmate taken to AGH after ‘severe beating’
- Husband to stand trial in Derry middle school teacher’s murder
- Pirates notebook: MLB metes out suspensions
- ACC announces Pitt’s opponents for next 2 seasons; Powell signs with Dukes
- Steelers pick up defensive end Heyward’s option for 2015 season
- Pennsylvania Gov. Corbett wants candidate Wolf to release tax records
- Pitcher Cueto shuts down Pirates as Reds cruise to victory at PNC
- Blue Jackets notebook: Columbus wants another crack at playing with lead