Stawski finishes fifth at USCAA championships, wins PSUAC tournament
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Plum graduate Adam Stawski shot a second-round 2-over 74 on Tuesday to complete a fifth-place finish at the United States Collegiate Athletic Association men's golf championship at the Blue Course near Penn State University's main campus.
He ended with a two-round total of 152 (78-74).
The Penn State-New Kensington junior also captured the Penn State University Athletic Conference individual title contested between golfers from eight schools in the Penn State University system.
With the fifth-place national finish, Stawski is one of eight golfer to earn 2012 USCAA Golf All-American status.
Stawski's final round on Tuesday included an eagle on the par-5 18th.
He adds this year's PSAUC title to the championship runner-up finish from 2009.
Stawski also was fourth at the 2009 USCAA tournament, and he earned All-American status that year as well.
In addition to his golfing success, Stawski also was selected to the USCAA Academic All-American team.
Michael Love is a staff writer with Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5825 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins slip past Sharks, 3-2, in shootout
- Sex-soaked culture faulted for fraternity house parties
- Pirates’ outfield may have few defensive peers
- Hempfield infant fights rare disease
- NFL coaches weigh in on Polamalu’s legacy
- Penguins’ Letang leaves hospital, out with concussion
- Penguins notebook: Five defensemen dress against San Jose
- LaBar: WrestleMania 31 one of the best ever
- Pirates notebook: Decker leaves game with calf injury
- Researchers uncover details to help get GOP candidates elected
- Norwin High School health teacher charged with selling heroin