Stawski finishes fifth at USCAA championships, wins PSUAC tournament
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Plum graduate Adam Stawski shot a second-round 2-over 74 on Tuesday to complete a fifth-place finish at the United States Collegiate Athletic Association men's golf championship at the Blue Course near Penn State University's main campus.
He ended with a two-round total of 152 (78-74).
The Penn State-New Kensington junior also captured the Penn State University Athletic Conference individual title contested between golfers from eight schools in the Penn State University system.
With the fifth-place national finish, Stawski is one of eight golfer to earn 2012 USCAA Golf All-American status.
Stawski's final round on Tuesday included an eagle on the par-5 18th.
He adds this year's PSAUC title to the championship runner-up finish from 2009.
Stawski also was fourth at the 2009 USCAA tournament, and he earned All-American status that year as well.
In addition to his golfing success, Stawski also was selected to the USCAA Academic All-American team.
Michael Love is a staff writer with Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5825 or at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Home price gains slow for 6th-straight month
- Starkey: Would one big move kill Pirates’ future?
- Liriano, Pirates beat Giants, inch closer to lead in NL Central
- McKeesport police arrest teen on gun charges
- Steel Valley school board president seeks donation policy
- Pleasant Hills council awards paving contract
- Big transportation wish list pitched to state commission
- Dying trees removed from Ford City park
- Pirates inquire about Red Sox LHP Lester
- Steelers offensive linemen looking to build on strong 2013 finish
- Kittanning Elks turns into museum during Fort Armstrong fest