Stawski finishes fifth at USCAA championships, wins PSUAC tournament
By Michael Love
Published: Thursday, October 11, 2012, 9:20 a.m.
Updated: Thursday, October 11, 2012
Plum graduate Adam Stawski shot a second-round 2-over 74 on Tuesday to complete a fifth-place finish at the United States Collegiate Athletic Association men's golf championship at the Blue Course near Penn State University's main campus.
He ended with a two-round total of 152 (78-74).
The Penn State-New Kensington junior also captured the Penn State University Athletic Conference individual title contested between golfers from eight schools in the Penn State University system.
With the fifth-place national finish, Stawski is one of eight golfer to earn 2012 USCAA Golf All-American status.
Stawski's final round on Tuesday included an eagle on the par-5 18th.
He adds this year's PSAUC title to the championship runner-up finish from 2009.
Stawski also was fourth at the 2009 USCAA tournament, and he earned All-American status that year as well.
In addition to his golfing success, Stawski also was selected to the USCAA Academic All-American team.
Michael Love is a staff writer with Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5825 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Steelers might be looking at a youth movement in 2013
- Rossi: Late-game moves pay off
- Kovacevic: Do Senators have anything left?
- Penguins’ Dupuis earns teammates’ respect with consistent play
- Alleged Washington County carjacker arrest at airport
- Gulf Tower ‘turns’ red over Pens goals
- Gorman: Pitt hoops could soon have Western Pa. flavor
- Penguins notebook: Spezza will return for Senators in Game 3
- Trib poll: Peduto pulling ahead in Pittsburgh mayor’s race
- Scandals vs. sway
- Pirates notebook: Botched popup shocks Martin
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.