Stawski finishes fifth at USCAA championships, wins PSUAC tournament
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Plum graduate Adam Stawski shot a second-round 2-over 74 on Tuesday to complete a fifth-place finish at the United States Collegiate Athletic Association men's golf championship at the Blue Course near Penn State University's main campus.
He ended with a two-round total of 152 (78-74).
The Penn State-New Kensington junior also captured the Penn State University Athletic Conference individual title contested between golfers from eight schools in the Penn State University system.
With the fifth-place national finish, Stawski is one of eight golfer to earn 2012 USCAA Golf All-American status.
Stawski's final round on Tuesday included an eagle on the par-5 18th.
He adds this year's PSAUC title to the championship runner-up finish from 2009.
Stawski also was fourth at the 2009 USCAA tournament, and he earned All-American status that year as well.
In addition to his golfing success, Stawski also was selected to the USCAA Academic All-American team.
Michael Love is a staff writer with Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5825 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers cut linebacker Kion Wilson, sign cornerback Toler
- Five questions facing Steelers entering training camp
- Motorcycle runs off road in Butler County, kills Shaler man
- Suspended Penn-Trafford teacher charged with stalking student
- Route 22 accident in Monroeville causes traffic jam
- Pirates’ Melancon has been consistent since moving into closer’s role
- North Huntingdon woman charged with threatening to burn down officer’s house
- Carjacked vehicle hits Philly crowd, kills 2 children
- Small plane goes down near Grove City
- Amazon.com distribution center planned for Pittsburgh’s West End
- Injured eagle in Somerset County returns to the wild