Stawski finishes fifth at USCAA championships, wins PSUAC tournament
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Plum graduate Adam Stawski shot a second-round 2-over 74 on Tuesday to complete a fifth-place finish at the United States Collegiate Athletic Association men's golf championship at the Blue Course near Penn State University's main campus.
He ended with a two-round total of 152 (78-74).
The Penn State-New Kensington junior also captured the Penn State University Athletic Conference individual title contested between golfers from eight schools in the Penn State University system.
With the fifth-place national finish, Stawski is one of eight golfer to earn 2012 USCAA Golf All-American status.
Stawski's final round on Tuesday included an eagle on the par-5 18th.
He adds this year's PSAUC title to the championship runner-up finish from 2009.
Stawski also was fourth at the 2009 USCAA tournament, and he earned All-American status that year as well.
In addition to his golfing success, Stawski also was selected to the USCAA Academic All-American team.
Michael Love is a staff writer with Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5825 or at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- NFL notebook: Woodland Hills product Miles undergoes emergency surgery
- Pittsburgh adjusting to new bicycle lane, ‘stop boxes’
- Some in Western Pa. affected by Staples data breach
- FBI’s 2001 anthrax attack investigation questioned
- Pitt: Football coach hire comes 1st, athletic director 2nd
- Undersized Beachum quietly excels at 1 of game’s pivotal positions
- Bush officials gave CIA wide latitude on interrogation tactics
- Man involved with crash with officer dies in Pittsburgh hospital
- Pirates sign Corey Hart to 1-year deal
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu, Taylor unlikely to play, Harrison ‘ready’
- Michigan State defensive coordinator a Pitt coaching candidate