Quaker Valley Middle School cross country teams win MAC titles
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Quaker Valley Middle School boys and girls cross country teams made school history at the MAC championships on Oct. 11, as both teams were crowned team champions.
The boys were led by the tandem of Zach Skolnekovich and Amos Luptak — placing first and second, respectively. Both broke the Brush Creek course record that was set in 1999, with Skolnekovich becoming the new record-holder.
Other top placers for the boys were Desi Durbin, 13th; Zeke Gonzalez, 16th; and Ryan Torbic, 27th. The boys combined team time was the fastest average in Quaker Valley history at the Brush Creek course.
The girls came away with Quaker Valley's combined team record and set the best team average time in the history of the event.
The top five Quaker Valley girls ran the five fastest times in school history. Leading the way was Lucie Kabinski, who finished second overall. Following were Bearett Tarris, fifth; Anna Pawloski, sixth; Annie Luptak, 11th; and Amelia Besterman, 12th.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin mum on Bryant suspension
- Big plays cost Steelers defense in 43-19 preseason loss at Bills
- Rossi: Beleaguered Steelers need MVP from Big Ben
- QB Vick hits ground running in debut
- Happ’s strong start, Ramirez’s homer pace Pirates past Rockies
- Pennsylvania welfare employees targeted in crackdown
- Pitt’s cancer institute marks 30 years with eye toward future
- Starting 9: Pirates place renewed emphasis on nabbing base-stealers
- Pitt star running back Conner remains grounded despite success
- Patience serves as virtue amid pitching prospect Glasnow’s quest for majors
- Hackers have wide reach