Quaker Valley Middle School cross country teams win MAC titles
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Quaker Valley Middle School boys and girls cross country teams made school history at the MAC championships on Oct. 11, as both teams were crowned team champions.
The boys were led by the tandem of Zach Skolnekovich and Amos Luptak — placing first and second, respectively. Both broke the Brush Creek course record that was set in 1999, with Skolnekovich becoming the new record-holder.
Other top placers for the boys were Desi Durbin, 13th; Zeke Gonzalez, 16th; and Ryan Torbic, 27th. The boys combined team time was the fastest average in Quaker Valley history at the Brush Creek course.
The girls came away with Quaker Valley's combined team record and set the best team average time in the history of the event.
The top five Quaker Valley girls ran the five fastest times in school history. Leading the way was Lucie Kabinski, who finished second overall. Following were Bearett Tarris, fifth; Anna Pawloski, sixth; Annie Luptak, 11th; and Amelia Besterman, 12th.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates down Cardinals, inch closer in wild-card chase
- Police searching Level Green area for bank robber
- For Steelers outside linebacker Jones, size is not an obstacle
- Federal appeals panel orders new trial for Penn Hills man
- Pitt’s ACC men’s basketball schedule announced
- High school football notebook: Summer heat possible for season’s first week
- WVU secondary adjusting to changes as No. 2 Alabama looms
- Homeowners warned of bogus land surveyors
- John Lennon’s killer sorry for ‘being such an idiot’
- Pirates notebook: McCutchen returns to starting lineup; Alvarez out
- Man accused of Jacobs Creek arson