Quaker Valley Middle School cross country teams win MAC titles
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Quaker Valley Middle School boys and girls cross country teams made school history at the MAC championships on Oct. 11, as both teams were crowned team champions.
The boys were led by the tandem of Zach Skolnekovich and Amos Luptak — placing first and second, respectively. Both broke the Brush Creek course record that was set in 1999, with Skolnekovich becoming the new record-holder.
Other top placers for the boys were Desi Durbin, 13th; Zeke Gonzalez, 16th; and Ryan Torbic, 27th. The boys combined team time was the fastest average in Quaker Valley history at the Brush Creek course.
The girls came away with Quaker Valley's combined team record and set the best team average time in the history of the event.
The top five Quaker Valley girls ran the five fastest times in school history. Leading the way was Lucie Kabinski, who finished second overall. Following were Bearett Tarris, fifth; Anna Pawloski, sixth; Annie Luptak, 11th; and Amelia Besterman, 12th.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Two found dead in North Oakland apartment
- Survivalist accused of killing trooper pleads not guilty
- 3 in Westmoreland charged in prescription narcotics operation
- Starkey: What are Penguins, Pirates up to?
- Youngwood officials worry about too many tenants in homes
- Westmoreland humane society slates ‘Have a Heart’ event
- Wolf signs ban on new drilling beneath state land
- Pitt’s 2015 schedule includes 5 road games in 1st 7 games
- BNY Mellon is putting iconic Citizens Bank Tower up for sale
- Pa. Treasurer McCord resigns without explanation, to leave Feb. 12
- Kennametal plans plant closings, job cuts; fallout from oil and gas decline