Quaker Valley Middle School cross country teams win MAC titles
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Quaker Valley Middle School boys and girls cross country teams made school history at the MAC championships on Oct. 11, as both teams were crowned team champions.
The boys were led by the tandem of Zach Skolnekovich and Amos Luptak — placing first and second, respectively. Both broke the Brush Creek course record that was set in 1999, with Skolnekovich becoming the new record-holder.
Other top placers for the boys were Desi Durbin, 13th; Zeke Gonzalez, 16th; and Ryan Torbic, 27th. The boys combined team time was the fastest average in Quaker Valley history at the Brush Creek course.
The girls came away with Quaker Valley's combined team record and set the best team average time in the history of the event.
The top five Quaker Valley girls ran the five fastest times in school history. Leading the way was Lucie Kabinski, who finished second overall. Following were Bearett Tarris, fifth; Anna Pawloski, sixth; Annie Luptak, 11th; and Amelia Besterman, 12th.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers clinch playoff berth with win over Chiefs
- Steelers notebook: Gay respects ‘anything’ referees call
- Starkey: Chryst a miserable failure at Pitt
- NFL notebook: Manziel leaves game with hamstring injury
- Exit poll: Ex-regime official Essebsi is Tunisia’s new president
- Hurricanes’ Staal could return shortly after Christmas
- Groom cited at Farmington wedding reception being filmed for reality TV show
- Ex-Penguins defenseman Niskanen still miffed by coaches’ firings
- Arrests made in Pakistan school massacre
- Fatal fire under investigation in New Castle
- Pitt football fights to overcome steppingstone status