Quaker Valley Middle School cross country teams win MAC titles
By Staff Reports
Published: Thursday, October 18, 2012, 10:02 a.m.
Updated: Friday, October 19, 2012
The Quaker Valley Middle School boys and girls cross country teams made school history at the MAC championships on Oct. 11, as both teams were crowned team champions.
The boys were led by the tandem of Zach Skolnekovich and Amos Luptak — placing first and second, respectively. Both broke the Brush Creek course record that was set in 1999, with Skolnekovich becoming the new record-holder.
Other top placers for the boys were Desi Durbin, 13th; Zeke Gonzalez, 16th; and Ryan Torbic, 27th. The boys combined team time was the fastest average in Quaker Valley history at the Brush Creek course.
The girls came away with Quaker Valley's combined team record and set the best team average time in the history of the event.
The top five Quaker Valley girls ran the five fastest times in school history. Leading the way was Lucie Kabinski, who finished second overall. Following were Bearett Tarris, fifth; Anna Pawloski, sixth; Annie Luptak, 11th; and Amelia Besterman, 12th.
- Kovacevic: Matt Cooke 1, Ottawa Senators 0
- Penguins rout Senators, return to Eastern Conference final
- Letang dazzles with dynamic play in Game 5 win
- Alfredsson ponders his future
- Pirates notebook: Bucs shut down injured Karstens
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
- Penguins notebook: Tickets for Eastern Conference final on sale today
- Bank sues to stop $235,000 payment
- Smoking in school costs man more than a fine
- Pirates waste strong Burnett start, fall again to Brewers at Miller Park
- 16-year-old girl shot and killed on Rankin street
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.