Quaker Valley Middle School cross country teams win MAC titles
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Quaker Valley Middle School boys and girls cross country teams made school history at the MAC championships on Oct. 11, as both teams were crowned team champions.
The boys were led by the tandem of Zach Skolnekovich and Amos Luptak — placing first and second, respectively. Both broke the Brush Creek course record that was set in 1999, with Skolnekovich becoming the new record-holder.
Other top placers for the boys were Desi Durbin, 13th; Zeke Gonzalez, 16th; and Ryan Torbic, 27th. The boys combined team time was the fastest average in Quaker Valley history at the Brush Creek course.
The girls came away with Quaker Valley's combined team record and set the best team average time in the history of the event.
The top five Quaker Valley girls ran the five fastest times in school history. Leading the way was Lucie Kabinski, who finished second overall. Following were Bearett Tarris, fifth; Anna Pawloski, sixth; Annie Luptak, 11th; and Amelia Besterman, 12th.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates pound Padres for 7th consecutive victory
- Proposed Mt. Pleasant budget plan includes deficit, tax hike
- Steelers’ defense unfazed by noise, believes in potential
- Connellsville students bringing Civil War to life
- Former soccer coach to stand trial in Monongahela
- Penguins notebook: After reinterpreting rule, draft pick sought for Bylsma’s hiring
- 24 teachers put on New Kensington-Arnold School District furlough list
- New Kensington shooting victim’s condition improves
- LaBar: Future of Rusev in WWE critical
- PennDOT vows help for Charleroi
- Apollo-Ridge students connect world, science