Quaker Valley Middle School cross country teams win MAC titles
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Quaker Valley Middle School boys and girls cross country teams made school history at the MAC championships on Oct. 11, as both teams were crowned team champions.
The boys were led by the tandem of Zach Skolnekovich and Amos Luptak — placing first and second, respectively. Both broke the Brush Creek course record that was set in 1999, with Skolnekovich becoming the new record-holder.
Other top placers for the boys were Desi Durbin, 13th; Zeke Gonzalez, 16th; and Ryan Torbic, 27th. The boys combined team time was the fastest average in Quaker Valley history at the Brush Creek course.
The girls came away with Quaker Valley's combined team record and set the best team average time in the history of the event.
The top five Quaker Valley girls ran the five fastest times in school history. Leading the way was Lucie Kabinski, who finished second overall. Following were Bearett Tarris, fifth; Anna Pawloski, sixth; Annie Luptak, 11th; and Amelia Besterman, 12th.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers to bring LB Harrison out of retirement
- Steelers defense must replace three injured starters after victory
- Pitt’s potent rushing attack could slow down the passing game
- Pittsburgh Fashion Week 2014 opens to sold-out crowd on South Side
- Penguins boast several good blueliners with point-producing skills
- Liriano, McCutchen help Pirates to 1-0 win over Braves
- Existing home sales fall in August, snapping streak of gains
- Business roundup: 10M units of latest iPhone sold in 1st weekend; GM ignition switch death count rises to 21; more
- Winston: Lessons obviously not learned
- Pirates notebook: Volquez open to re-signing with team
- South Park boys soccer thriving by easing burden on its stars