Quaker Valley Middle School cross country teams win MAC titles
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Quaker Valley Middle School boys and girls cross country teams made school history at the MAC championships on Oct. 11, as both teams were crowned team champions.
The boys were led by the tandem of Zach Skolnekovich and Amos Luptak — placing first and second, respectively. Both broke the Brush Creek course record that was set in 1999, with Skolnekovich becoming the new record-holder.
Other top placers for the boys were Desi Durbin, 13th; Zeke Gonzalez, 16th; and Ryan Torbic, 27th. The boys combined team time was the fastest average in Quaker Valley history at the Brush Creek course.
The girls came away with Quaker Valley's combined team record and set the best team average time in the history of the event.
The top five Quaker Valley girls ran the five fastest times in school history. Leading the way was Lucie Kabinski, who finished second overall. Following were Bearett Tarris, fifth; Anna Pawloski, sixth; Annie Luptak, 11th; and Amelia Besterman, 12th.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- With Malkin out, Penguins fall to Flyers, 4-1
- Authorities release name of Greensburg man who jumped off overpass onto Route 30
- Former Plum teacher says he warned district about possible inappropriate conduct
- Pirates’ McCutchen leaves game early, says he is not hurt
- Pirates notebook: Richard doesn’t exercise opt-out clause in contract
- Steelers re-sign DE Geathers
- Pirates planning on maximizing the versatility of Rodriguez
- A mayor and his dog: Peduto adopts from Western Pennsylvania Humane Society
- Time catches up with longstanding Port Vue group
- Jeannette teen ordered to stand trial in classmate’s slaying
- Wines claimed to be toxic with arsenic won’t be pulled by state Liquor Control Board