Quaker Valley Middle School cross country teams win MAC titles
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Quaker Valley Middle School boys and girls cross country teams made school history at the MAC championships on Oct. 11, as both teams were crowned team champions.
The boys were led by the tandem of Zach Skolnekovich and Amos Luptak — placing first and second, respectively. Both broke the Brush Creek course record that was set in 1999, with Skolnekovich becoming the new record-holder.
Other top placers for the boys were Desi Durbin, 13th; Zeke Gonzalez, 16th; and Ryan Torbic, 27th. The boys combined team time was the fastest average in Quaker Valley history at the Brush Creek course.
The girls came away with Quaker Valley's combined team record and set the best team average time in the history of the event.
The top five Quaker Valley girls ran the five fastest times in school history. Leading the way was Lucie Kabinski, who finished second overall. Following were Bearett Tarris, fifth; Anna Pawloski, sixth; Annie Luptak, 11th; and Amelia Besterman, 12th.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- PennDOT to replace drivers licenses issued since November without proper security features
- Crews clean up ore spilled from train derailment in Butler County
- Rossi: Winnik nice, but not enough for Penguins
- Bettman `intrigued’ by possible outdoor game at Beaver Stadium
- Woman charged for holding teen drinking party after video found at Penn-Trafford
- Steelers restructure Gilbert, Mitchell contracts; Pouncey close
- Penguins finally find way to beat Capitals
- Pennsylvania House passes liquor system privatization bill
- Leechburg man charged with molesting girls, watching child pornography
- School aide accused of throwing shoe at Penn-Trafford special-needs student, causing brush burn
- Cambria County man dies after rockfall in Indiana County mine