Quaker Valley Middle School cross country teams win MAC titles
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Quaker Valley Middle School boys and girls cross country teams made school history at the MAC championships on Oct. 11, as both teams were crowned team champions.
The boys were led by the tandem of Zach Skolnekovich and Amos Luptak — placing first and second, respectively. Both broke the Brush Creek course record that was set in 1999, with Skolnekovich becoming the new record-holder.
Other top placers for the boys were Desi Durbin, 13th; Zeke Gonzalez, 16th; and Ryan Torbic, 27th. The boys combined team time was the fastest average in Quaker Valley history at the Brush Creek course.
The girls came away with Quaker Valley's combined team record and set the best team average time in the history of the event.
The top five Quaker Valley girls ran the five fastest times in school history. Leading the way was Lucie Kabinski, who finished second overall. Following were Bearett Tarris, fifth; Anna Pawloski, sixth; Annie Luptak, 11th; and Amelia Besterman, 12th.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ prime-time games shrink attendance at Heinz Field
- Analyst outlines Klein’s supplements, prescriptions
- Woman’s body found in Adams home
- Court validates Highmark Medicare plan that excludes UPMC
- State trooper struck by SUV in Westmoreland faces more surgery, long recovery
- Starkey: Hockey hypocrites, unite
- City Theatre hires James McNeel as new managing director
- Bayer profit edges higher, raises forecasts
- At least 2 dead after plane crashes at Kansas airport
- Steelers offense puts up gaudy numbers in season’s 1st half
- Judge orders hacking case against Chinese military officers put on hold