Quaker Valley Middle School cross country teams win MAC titles
By Staff Reports
Published: Thursday, October 18, 2012, 10:02 a.m.
Updated: Friday, October 19, 2012
The Quaker Valley Middle School boys and girls cross country teams made school history at the MAC championships on Oct. 11, as both teams were crowned team champions.
The boys were led by the tandem of Zach Skolnekovich and Amos Luptak — placing first and second, respectively. Both broke the Brush Creek course record that was set in 1999, with Skolnekovich becoming the new record-holder.
Other top placers for the boys were Desi Durbin, 13th; Zeke Gonzalez, 16th; and Ryan Torbic, 27th. The boys combined team time was the fastest average in Quaker Valley history at the Brush Creek course.
The girls came away with Quaker Valley's combined team record and set the best team average time in the history of the event.
The top five Quaker Valley girls ran the five fastest times in school history. Leading the way was Lucie Kabinski, who finished second overall. Following were Bearett Tarris, fifth; Anna Pawloski, sixth; Annie Luptak, 11th; and Amelia Besterman, 12th.
- Kovacevic: Do Senators have anything left?
- Rossi: Late-game moves pay off
- Steelers might be forced to rely on rookies in 2013
- Penguins’ Dupuis earns teammates’ respect with consistent play
- Penguins notebook: Spezza will return for Senators in Game 3
- Militaries’ growing use of ground robots raises ethics concerns
- Motorcyclist dies after crash in Latrobe
- Starkey: Robots over umps? Yes, please
- Pirates’ bullpen falters in extra-inning loss to Astros
- Trib poll: Peduto pulling ahead in Pittsburgh mayor’s race
- Frye: Wonderful kind of misery
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.