McDevitt memorial golf outing slated Sunday at Cedarbrook
By Ray Fisher
Published: Wednesday, Oct. 17, 2012, 8:55 p.m.
The 2012 Chuck and Debbie McDevitt memorial golf outing is set for Sunday at Cedarbrook Golf Course.
Registration begins at 8 a.m., followed by a shotgun start at 9 a.m.
It is a four-person scramble event, with a cost of $75. Dinner-only costs $35.
There will be a complimentary lunch, and a dinner immediately following golf. There also will be a cash bar.
The Thomas Jefferson Golf Boosters are sponsoring this annual event, with half the proceeds going to the American Cancer Society and half to support the Thomas Jefferson boys' golf program.
“It is a special year for us, and I'm very proud of these young golfers,” Sandy Benack, a TJ golf booster, said. “Not many high school booster organizations have a fundraising event and give 50 percent of proceeds to a charity.”
Checks should be made out to Thomas Jefferson Golf Boosters.
For questions or more details, contact Flip or Sandy Benack at 412-655-7086 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ray Fisher is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5820 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 4 dead in ‘horrific’ Armstrong County crash
- Rice cornerback among 3 draft prospects to visit Steelers
- PSU has hand in discovery of most Earth-like planet yet
- UPMC: As many as 27,000 employees affected in data breach
- Kovacevic: Bylsma’s moves — yes, moves — pay off
- NHL notebook: Blues begin series without T.J. Oshie
- Connellsville blanks Latrobe, eyes being factor in playoff race
- ‘Frozen’ soundtrack: Kids can’t ‘Let It Go’
- Wrongfully arrested man sues city of Pittsburgh, police
- Dancer Hadala retiring after storied career with Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre
- Pirates notebook: Tabata OK’d to return to play