McDevitt memorial golf outing slated Sunday at Cedarbrook
By Ray Fisher
Published: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 8:55 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, October 17, 2012
The 2012 Chuck and Debbie McDevitt memorial golf outing is set for Sunday at Cedarbrook Golf Course.
Registration begins at 8 a.m., followed by a shotgun start at 9 a.m.
It is a four-person scramble event, with a cost of $75. Dinner-only costs $35.
There will be a complimentary lunch, and a dinner immediately following golf. There also will be a cash bar.
The Thomas Jefferson Golf Boosters are sponsoring this annual event, with half the proceeds going to the American Cancer Society and half to support the Thomas Jefferson boys' golf program.
“It is a special year for us, and I'm very proud of these young golfers,” Sandy Benack, a TJ golf booster, said. “Not many high school booster organizations have a fundraising event and give 50 percent of proceeds to a charity.”
Checks should be made out to Thomas Jefferson Golf Boosters.
For questions or more details, contact Flip or Sandy Benack at 412-655-7086 or email@example.com.
Ray Fisher is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5820 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Letang dazzles with dynamic play in Game 5 win
- Pitt awaits NCAA Tournament fate after loss to Notre Dame in Big East baseball
- Marine restores pride of Memorial Day parade on streets of Lawrenceville
- Pipeline project creates unease in Westmoreland County
- Kovacevic: Matt Cooke 1, Ottawa Senators 0
- Gorman: Pitt hoops could soon have Western Pa. flavor
- Former Bethel Park PTO president charged in theft from organization
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
- Penguins rout Senators, return to Eastern Conference final
- Alfredsson ponders his future
- Pirates notebook: Bucs shut down injured Karstens
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.