McDevitt memorial golf outing slated Sunday at Cedarbrook
By Ray Fisher
Published: Wednesday, Oct. 17, 2012, 8:55 p.m.
The 2012 Chuck and Debbie McDevitt memorial golf outing is set for Sunday at Cedarbrook Golf Course.
Registration begins at 8 a.m., followed by a shotgun start at 9 a.m.
It is a four-person scramble event, with a cost of $75. Dinner-only costs $35.
There will be a complimentary lunch, and a dinner immediately following golf. There also will be a cash bar.
The Thomas Jefferson Golf Boosters are sponsoring this annual event, with half the proceeds going to the American Cancer Society and half to support the Thomas Jefferson boys' golf program.
“It is a special year for us, and I'm very proud of these young golfers,” Sandy Benack, a TJ golf booster, said. “Not many high school booster organizations have a fundraising event and give 50 percent of proceeds to a charity.”
Checks should be made out to Thomas Jefferson Golf Boosters.
For questions or more details, contact Flip or Sandy Benack at 412-655-7086 or email@example.com.
Ray Fisher is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5820 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Garden Q&A: Firecracker vine OK for trellis?
- Starkey: Penguins’ arrogance astounding
- Egg decorating turns to fight, charges in Brookline, police say
- Two players ejected after Pirates, Brewers brawl
- Essay for Easter: Fresh start, new life
- Draftees’ longevity key for NFL success
- Matt Calvert’s goal in double OT evens series for Blue Jackets
- Officials identify Chartiers shooting victim as Wilkinsburg man
- Man dead in Beaver County brush fire
- Second-period short-handed goal gives Blue Jackets momentum
- Worshippers welcome Easter’s dawn in Pittsburgh’s North Side