McDevitt memorial golf outing slated Sunday at Cedarbrook
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The 2012 Chuck and Debbie McDevitt memorial golf outing is set for Sunday at Cedarbrook Golf Course.
Registration begins at 8 a.m., followed by a shotgun start at 9 a.m.
It is a four-person scramble event, with a cost of $75. Dinner-only costs $35.
There will be a complimentary lunch, and a dinner immediately following golf. There also will be a cash bar.
The Thomas Jefferson Golf Boosters are sponsoring this annual event, with half the proceeds going to the American Cancer Society and half to support the Thomas Jefferson boys' golf program.
“It is a special year for us, and I'm very proud of these young golfers,” Sandy Benack, a TJ golf booster, said. “Not many high school booster organizations have a fundraising event and give 50 percent of proceeds to a charity.”
Checks should be made out to Thomas Jefferson Golf Boosters.
For questions or more details, contact Flip or Sandy Benack at 412-655-7086 or email@example.com.
Ray Fisher is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5820 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Family of Children’s Hospital transplant baby urges feds to change cochlear implants policy
- Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Carnegie Mellon grad’s tweak to tweets turns 7
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Upper Tyrone supervisor hopes to mitigate trash dumping problem
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Pirates notebook: Sanchez returns to Bucs in offensive slump
- On border of Westmoreland, Fayette, Jacobs Creek section is sacred spot
- States clear way for startups to use crowdfunding
- Democratic gubernatorial nominee in spotlight at Labor Day Parade