McDevitt memorial golf outing slated Sunday at Cedarbrook
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The 2012 Chuck and Debbie McDevitt memorial golf outing is set for Sunday at Cedarbrook Golf Course.
Registration begins at 8 a.m., followed by a shotgun start at 9 a.m.
It is a four-person scramble event, with a cost of $75. Dinner-only costs $35.
There will be a complimentary lunch, and a dinner immediately following golf. There also will be a cash bar.
The Thomas Jefferson Golf Boosters are sponsoring this annual event, with half the proceeds going to the American Cancer Society and half to support the Thomas Jefferson boys' golf program.
“It is a special year for us, and I'm very proud of these young golfers,” Sandy Benack, a TJ golf booster, said. “Not many high school booster organizations have a fundraising event and give 50 percent of proceeds to a charity.”
Checks should be made out to Thomas Jefferson Golf Boosters.
For questions or more details, contact Flip or Sandy Benack at 412-655-7086 or email@example.com.
Ray Fisher is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5820 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates notebook: Taillon headed for surgery, Richard traded
- Russian winger Plotnikov could join Penguins in August
- Ex-teammates say Kessel unfairly criticized
- Pirates can’t overcome long rain delay, Indians in interleague setback
- New Penguin Kessel’s shot is what makes him special
- Bethel trio of siblings celebrate 150 years of marriage
- Tiny black weevils booming in W.Pa.
- Homewood West woman charged after stabbing woman during card game
- Man fatally shot in East Liberty; police investigating 2nd shooting
- America’s path to freedom reflected in region’s numerous historic sites
- Youngwood man’s crash knocks out power in Monessen