Plum softball teams ready to step into new batting cage
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Plum High School slow-pitch and fast-pitch softball programs now have a little more help in improving their hitting, as they have a chance to step into their new batting cage.
The batting cage, made possible through the sponsorship of and a donation from East Suburban Sports Medicine, is 70 feet long, 14 feet wide and 12 feet tall.
It is located at the high school, near the newly constructed softball field.
East Suburban Sports Medicine has provided athletic training services for the Plum School District since 1984.
“We are very thankful to East Suburban for their generosity in providing the funding for the batting cage for our softball teams,” Plum athletic director Bob Alpino said.
“This batting cage is a nice addition to our new softball field, and it will be used by softball players in the borough for many years to come.”
Michael Love is a staff writer with Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5825 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Charges against Wash High aide accused of having sex with student withdrawn
- NFL coaches weigh in on Polamalu’s legacy
- Washington County cardiology practice denies it deliberately overbilled for services
- DEP grants 18-month extension to stormwater control effort
- Pirates’ outfield may have few defensive peers
- Falling bricks close 2 Squirrel Hill businesses
- Army Air Force veteran shares World War II stories with Shaler Rotary
- Bishop Canevin’s Sonson sisters sign with Chatham softball
- Shaler Area students win Best Robotics Design in local competition
- Hampton Council approves off-road vehicle restrictions
- 10-day U.S. tour brings Japanese students to Shaler