Plum softball teams ready to step into new batting cage
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Plum High School slow-pitch and fast-pitch softball programs now have a little more help in improving their hitting, as they have a chance to step into their new batting cage.
The batting cage, made possible through the sponsorship of and a donation from East Suburban Sports Medicine, is 70 feet long, 14 feet wide and 12 feet tall.
It is located at the high school, near the newly constructed softball field.
East Suburban Sports Medicine has provided athletic training services for the Plum School District since 1984.
“We are very thankful to East Suburban for their generosity in providing the funding for the batting cage for our softball teams,” Plum athletic director Bob Alpino said.
“This batting cage is a nice addition to our new softball field, and it will be used by softball players in the borough for many years to come.”
Michael Love is a staff writer with Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5825 or at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Kang’s 9th-inning home run gives Pirates wild victory over Twins
- Rossi: ‘Hockey guy’ Sutter will be missed
- Steelers’ Wheaton adjusting his game moving to slot receiver
- Van Halen plays plenty of favorites in First Niagara show
- Pirates notebook: Prospect Tucker unaware of ‘trade’ frenzy
- ATI workers retire early to ensure pension
- N. Belle Vernon man jailed after police station visit
- Penguins trade Sutter to Canucks, sign free agent center Fehr
- Pirates’ Liriano unaffected by poor last outing against Twins
- Travelers find Internet direct route to Priory’s spirited past in Pittsburgh’s North Side
- Steelers RB Le’Veon Bell gets suspension, fine reduced