Plum softball teams ready to step into new batting cage
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Plum High School slow-pitch and fast-pitch softball programs now have a little more help in improving their hitting, as they have a chance to step into their new batting cage.
The batting cage, made possible through the sponsorship of and a donation from East Suburban Sports Medicine, is 70 feet long, 14 feet wide and 12 feet tall.
It is located at the high school, near the newly constructed softball field.
East Suburban Sports Medicine has provided athletic training services for the Plum School District since 1984.
“We are very thankful to East Suburban for their generosity in providing the funding for the batting cage for our softball teams,” Plum athletic director Bob Alpino said.
“This batting cage is a nice addition to our new softball field, and it will be used by softball players in the borough for many years to come.”
Michael Love is a staff writer with Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5825 or at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Steelers rising fast in mediocre AFC
- Steelers offense learning to slam door
- Steelers clinch trip to postseason with big victory over Chiefs
- Heyward, swarming defense get best of Chiefs in Steelers’ win
- Steelers-Bengals game to start at 8:30 p.m.
- Downie, Farnham bringing a much-needed edge to the Penguins
- Steelers notebook: Gay respects ‘anything’ referees call
- Pittsburgh mayor Peduto goes ‘Undercover’ for CBS reality show
- Groom cited at Farmington wedding reception being filmed for reality TV show
- Project to tear down former Jeannette District Memorial Hospital on schedule, Excela says
- Missed chances haunt Chiefs against Steelers