Plum softball teams ready to step into new batting cage
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Plum High School slow-pitch and fast-pitch softball programs now have a little more help in improving their hitting, as they have a chance to step into their new batting cage.
The batting cage, made possible through the sponsorship of and a donation from East Suburban Sports Medicine, is 70 feet long, 14 feet wide and 12 feet tall.
It is located at the high school, near the newly constructed softball field.
East Suburban Sports Medicine has provided athletic training services for the Plum School District since 1984.
“We are very thankful to East Suburban for their generosity in providing the funding for the batting cage for our softball teams,” Plum athletic director Bob Alpino said.
“This batting cage is a nice addition to our new softball field, and it will be used by softball players in the borough for many years to come.”
Michael Love is a staff writer with Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5825 or at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Mental health facility won’t take Franklin Regional stabbing suspect as patient
- Steelers film session: Harrison on the field often
- At least $100,000 in appliances stolen from new homes around Western Pa.
- McKeesport educator honored by nomination for Athena Award
- Steelers are vowing to fix the costly penalties, lack of self-discipline
- Elizabeth Township hires manager, assistant
- McKeesport crash sends motorcyclist to hospital
- McKeesport car chase suspects returned to jail
- Mon Valley bridges moved up to rapid replacement list
- Mercer’s improved defense at shortstop gives Pirates a boost
- Healthy again, Penguins’ Dupuis eager for game action