Plum softball teams ready to step into new batting cage
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Plum High School slow-pitch and fast-pitch softball programs now have a little more help in improving their hitting, as they have a chance to step into their new batting cage.
The batting cage, made possible through the sponsorship of and a donation from East Suburban Sports Medicine, is 70 feet long, 14 feet wide and 12 feet tall.
It is located at the high school, near the newly constructed softball field.
East Suburban Sports Medicine has provided athletic training services for the Plum School District since 1984.
“We are very thankful to East Suburban for their generosity in providing the funding for the batting cage for our softball teams,” Plum athletic director Bob Alpino said.
“This batting cage is a nice addition to our new softball field, and it will be used by softball players in the borough for many years to come.”
Michael Love is a staff writer with Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5825 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Thousands attend Vandergrift Light-Up Night, Christmas parade
- Tarentum restaurant closes to repair brick damage
- In Steelers-Saints game, all eyes on Brown-Lewis matchup
- Mirai debut brings fuel cell future closer
- Hempfield Area High School senior Richason creates Before I Die wall in Greensburg
- Trib real estate writer Spatter ‘worked right to the end’
- Artists fill Valley home for one-day ‘Handmade Christmas’ sale
- Bridge over Youghiogheny River coming into downtown Connellsville is renamed
- ‘Boo-boo bus’ stuffed for kids
- Allegheny man Wedel charged with baseball bat, knife attack on former roommate
- Kurdish fighters in shattered Syrian town of Kobani confident of ISIS defeat