Plum softball teams ready to step into new batting cage
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Plum High School slow-pitch and fast-pitch softball programs now have a little more help in improving their hitting, as they have a chance to step into their new batting cage.
The batting cage, made possible through the sponsorship of and a donation from East Suburban Sports Medicine, is 70 feet long, 14 feet wide and 12 feet tall.
It is located at the high school, near the newly constructed softball field.
East Suburban Sports Medicine has provided athletic training services for the Plum School District since 1984.
“We are very thankful to East Suburban for their generosity in providing the funding for the batting cage for our softball teams,” Plum athletic director Bob Alpino said.
“This batting cage is a nice addition to our new softball field, and it will be used by softball players in the borough for many years to come.”
Michael Love is a staff writer with Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5825 or at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Crosby’s debt to NHL paid in full
- Pitt coach Narduzzi adds N.J. linebacker recruit
- Penguins’ Fleury surrenders 7 goals in 1 period of NHL All-Star Game loss
- Storm could drop 4-6 inches of snow on Pittsburgh area
- Dravosburg fire chief suggests establishing emergency business database
- Lincoln roadway reopens ahead of schedule
- ‘Free’ wine kiosk initiative costs state Liquor Control Board $300K
- Central Catholic’s Petrishen says he enjoys hectic recruiting process
- One of two killed in Marine chopper crash was from Indiana, Pa.
- Pittsburgh police rescue 1-year-old buckled into stolen car
- Bloomfield bookstore owner bucks naysayers