Plum varsity sweeps DH, improves to 10-2
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Plum varsity slow-pitch softball team hosted Baldwin on senior recognition day, as seniors Jessi Allman, Alyssa Stonebraker, Jess Snider and Amber Shields were honored.
The Mustangs won game one, 26-6, and the team came out hitting with seven runs scored in the first inning and 13 more in the second. Plum scored six runs in the fourth to cap the scoring.
The 28-hit attack was led by Stonebraker (3 for 4) with a home run and eight runs batted in.
Rylee White went 4 for 4 with three RBI, and Abby Costa and Nicolette Giovanetti also had three runs batted in. Snider went 3 for 4, and Brianne DeGore was 3 for 3 with a walk.
In game two, a 16-6 Plum win, Costa, Alyssa Zezza and Stonebraker each went 3 for 4, while Snider had four RBI. Rachel White, Rylee White and DeGore had two hits each.
The Plum varsity im- proved to 10-2 with the wins and were scheduled to play Peters Township Wednesday. The game was to be played past the deadline for this week's edition.
The WPISL playoffs begin this weekend.
The JV team traveled to West Allegheny on Saturday. After a slow start in game one, Plum scored five runs in the third, three runs in the fourth and six in the seventh to win, 14-5.
Rachel White went 3 for 4 with four RBI, while Natalee Tommarello was 4 for 4. Heather Hordubay, Kierston Torma, Marissa Wilson and Bryana Zanotelli had two hits each.
The second game was called in the third inning because of rain.
Before the cancellation, Camryn McCabe led off the game with a home run and Sierra McElhose had a home run and a triple.
The Plum JV squad now is 8-3, and it will travel to Bethel Park at 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Michael Love is a staff writer with Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5825 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- NFL coaches weigh in on Polamalu’s legacy
- Hit sends Penguins’ Letang to hospital
- Alvarez latest in Pirates’ revolving door at first base
- Mt. Lebanon native, Iraq war hero’s action goes unrewarded
- Downie’s goal, fight spark Penguins to win over Coyotes
- Pirates pitchers finding success with expanded strike zone
- Starkey: Next frontier for Steelers offense
- Arab League gets serious on terrorism
- Probiotic bacteria help conquer ‘superbugs’
- Shortfalls sabotage promise of a union retiree’s pension
- Man rescued from sinkhole in McKeesport