Youth gymnasts kick off season
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Ultimate Gymnastics in Delmont kicked off its season by competing in the Alex Summers Invitational Meet in Butler Nov. 2-4. The participation and support in this meet help honor and contribute to the Alex Summers memorial fund. Summers, a competitive gymnast at the Butler Gymnastics Club for 10 years, was killed in an automobile accident on Nov. 1, 2011.
Ultimate gymnasts participating in Level 4, 8- and 9-year-old session, were Abigail Pazak of Saltsburg, who was third in floor, beam, bars and all-around; and Alexis Loughner of Jeannette, who was fifth in vault.
Participating in Level 6, age 10, was Holly Johnson of Greensburg, who was fifth in beam.
— Staff reports
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Winter weather advisory for Western Pa. in effect until Monday afternoon
- Defensive lineman commits to PSU during campus visit
- Crosby, Malkin dazzle fellow All-Stars
- Starkey: Rinaldo doesn’t belong in NHL
- Woman killed in Washington Township crash
- Long-term solution for wastewater disposal eludes shale gas industry
- Increasing pressure on QBs will be offseason focus for Steelers
- Paying cost of attendance worries Power 5 schools large and small
- ‘I almost left here’ says Highland Park woman who contracted flesh-eating bacteria
- Lure of tuition aid, gifts draw college students to ‘sugar daddy’ sites
- Classes increasingly blend in technology in Western Pa. schools