Youth gymnasts kick off season
Published: Saturday, November 10, 2012, 10:50 p.m.
Updated: Saturday, February 2, 2013
Ultimate Gymnastics in Delmont kicked off its season by competing in the Alex Summers Invitational Meet in Butler Nov. 2-4. The participation and support in this meet help honor and contribute to the Alex Summers memorial fund. Summers, a competitive gymnast at the Butler Gymnastics Club for 10 years, was killed in an automobile accident on Nov. 1, 2011.
Ultimate gymnasts participating in Level 4, 8- and 9-year-old session, were Abigail Pazak of Saltsburg, who was third in floor, beam, bars and all-around; and Alexis Loughner of Jeannette, who was fifth in vault.
Participating in Level 6, age 10, was Holly Johnson of Greensburg, who was fifth in beam.
— Staff reports
- Pens’ Bylsma: Vitale scratch due to faceoff performance
- Steelers quarterback Roethlisberger likes the revamped offense
- Steelers’ Polamalu trim, fit as he arrives for OTAs
- Penguins Insider: Time is right for Jokinen’s return
- Mayoral nominee Peduto plans city hall house-cleaning if he’s elected
- Neal’s solid play soon could pay off on scoresheet for Penguins
- Kovacevic: Pens improve under microscope
- Coach Tomlin, Steelers facing plenty of questions as OTAs start
- Pitt baseball team wins Big East Tournament opener
- Bilik DeFazio leads race for Westmoreland County judge on both ballots
- Officials: Man lunged at FBI agent with knife during bombing case interview
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.