Youth gymnasts kick off season
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Ultimate Gymnastics in Delmont kicked off its season by competing in the Alex Summers Invitational Meet in Butler Nov. 2-4. The participation and support in this meet help honor and contribute to the Alex Summers memorial fund. Summers, a competitive gymnast at the Butler Gymnastics Club for 10 years, was killed in an automobile accident on Nov. 1, 2011.
Ultimate gymnasts participating in Level 4, 8- and 9-year-old session, were Abigail Pazak of Saltsburg, who was third in floor, beam, bars and all-around; and Alexis Loughner of Jeannette, who was fifth in vault.
Participating in Level 6, age 10, was Holly Johnson of Greensburg, who was fifth in beam.
— Staff reports
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Sestak kicks off U.S. Senate campaign — with a couple missteps
- Owner of Strip District nightclub Ivy agrees to close after shooting
- 11 Ligonier Township residents rescued by boat from floodwaters
- Police: Suspect in 1970 cold case homicide of 17-year-old dies days before charges filed
- U.S. clears police officer in Ferguson case, criticizes police force
- Penguins need trade-deadline acquisitions to bring toughness
- Shania’s first tour in 11 years includes Pittsburgh stop
- PennDOT alerts drivers to numerous road closures due to flooding, debris
- Blue Jays’ Martin has ‘nothing but praise’ for former Pirates teammates
- ‘Time for bold change,’ Wolf says in outlining $30B state budget
- Artist born without arms, legs gives Hampton students peek into her world