Penn-Trafford and Jeannette alums battle
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Sometimes even grown-ups like to play in the mud.
Former football players from Penn-Trafford and Jeannette got together in heavy rain to face off in an alumni football game at Jeannette's McKee Stadium on Oct. 27.
The Jayhawks got the win, 30-19, in the game staged with the help of Alumni Football USA, a company that specializes in staging games such as the one last month, with players in full pads playing full-contact football.
The rosters for the two teams featured players young and old. P-T's youngest was Joe Fiasco, who this time last fall was in uniform for the actual Warriors, while the team's oldest participant was Class of 1986 grad Travis Mayer.
The Jayhawks did P-T one decade better in that department, as 1975 grad Rick Pitzer made an appearance on the line.
The rain did little to keep away a decent crowd for a Saturday night, as more than 200 fans showed up to cheer on their schools' alumni.
Video highlights from the game and more information on Alumni Football USA can be found at www.alumnifootballusa.com.
Matt Grubba is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5830 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Pirates can’t waste McCutchen’s prime
- Coca-Cola shaves incentives for executives
- Google Chromebooks, apps transform instruction at Knoch High School
- Giants, Bumgarner shut out Pirates in wild-card game
- Jobs on state website include ‘private party dancing,’ ‘car dates’
- Port Vue upgrades office equipment
- State agency honors Manorville man for hooking up kids with fishing gear
- Schools converge for Armstrong County Marching Band Festival
- Rayburn offices moving to regular business hours
- East Huntingdon man dies following police chase
- Highmark to increase premiums, limit access to health care in new plans