Penn-Trafford and Jeannette alums battle
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Sometimes even grown-ups like to play in the mud.
Former football players from Penn-Trafford and Jeannette got together in heavy rain to face off in an alumni football game at Jeannette's McKee Stadium on Oct. 27.
The Jayhawks got the win, 30-19, in the game staged with the help of Alumni Football USA, a company that specializes in staging games such as the one last month, with players in full pads playing full-contact football.
The rosters for the two teams featured players young and old. P-T's youngest was Joe Fiasco, who this time last fall was in uniform for the actual Warriors, while the team's oldest participant was Class of 1986 grad Travis Mayer.
The Jayhawks did P-T one decade better in that department, as 1975 grad Rick Pitzer made an appearance on the line.
The rain did little to keep away a decent crowd for a Saturday night, as more than 200 fans showed up to cheer on their schools' alumni.
Video highlights from the game and more information on Alumni Football USA can be found at www.alumnifootballusa.com.
Matt Grubba is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5830 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Pirates gaining bad big-game rep
- Senior laden Robert Morris men’s hockey team hopes to erase last season’s disappointment
- Pitt O-line responds to coach’s challenge
- Steelers quarterback Vick getting more acquainted with offense
- Energy efficiency goes mainstream with help of regulations, demand
- Pirates notebook: Fastball command issues hurt Cole against Cubs
- Penn State coaches are happy with quarterback Hackenberg’s play
- New-look Steelers secondary is gaining some cohesion
- Steelers hoping to establish run early against San Diego
- Environmental watchdog sues world’s largest steelmaker over Pennsylvania pollution
- Feds tapped top Pa. Treasury official’s phone during McCord probe