Penn-Trafford and Jeannette alums battle
By Matt Grubba
Published: Wednesday, November 14, 2012, 8:53 p.m.
Updated: Thursday, November 15, 2012
Sometimes even grown-ups like to play in the mud.
Former football players from Penn-Trafford and Jeannette got together in heavy rain to face off in an alumni football game at Jeannette's McKee Stadium on Oct. 27.
The Jayhawks got the win, 30-19, in the game staged with the help of Alumni Football USA, a company that specializes in staging games such as the one last month, with players in full pads playing full-contact football.
The rosters for the two teams featured players young and old. P-T's youngest was Joe Fiasco, who this time last fall was in uniform for the actual Warriors, while the team's oldest participant was Class of 1986 grad Travis Mayer.
The Jayhawks did P-T one decade better in that department, as 1975 grad Rick Pitzer made an appearance on the line.
The rain did little to keep away a decent crowd for a Saturday night, as more than 200 fans showed up to cheer on their schools' alumni.
Video highlights from the game and more information on Alumni Football USA can be found at www.alumnifootballusa.com.
Matt Grubba is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5830 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pirates notebook: Cutter a boon for Melancon
- Pitt awaits NCAA Tournament fate after loss to Notre Dame in Big East baseball
- Kovacevic: Matt Cooke 1, Ottawa Senators 0
- Catholic priest scandal induces monsignor to resign post
- Alaska sex affairs draw Army scrutiny
- Pipeline project creates unease in Westmoreland County
- News Alert
- Letang dazzles with dynamic play in Game 5 win
- Saturday morning low temp tied record set in 1925
- Pause to remember, celebrate veterans with cookout favorites
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.